mujtaba_1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hello,
i want to build a powerful pc for audio recording and video editing and with all the options out there i am just so confused. can somebody please give me a list of all the items and i'll b uy all those items ?

i want the processor to be i7 2600k
with 12 gbs of ram

i dont care about the looks.. dont care about all the bells and whistles.. but i want the pc to be Quiet.. i dont want too many fans because it will be in my recording studio. thanks

mujtaba_1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
thanks for a quick reply... its a good list but let me put it this way. i want my new custom pc to be REALLY REALLY FAST. can we come up with more ideas? and i may do light gaming on it aswell

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Anything you put into this system will handle any and all games.

16GB of ram is so overkill you wont ever use it, even video editing.

The MoBo i listed is as fast as it gets for now, as well as the cpu with a good aftermarket heatsink/fan and OC. 6-core from intel is OP!

The GTX580 or GTX590 is the best out there, and will show tons of appreciation for all that video you are editing.

If you want lightening speed, go with a Crucial M4 SSD. Its synchronous SSD storage, so even up to 80% capacity, it wont slow down a tick! id recommend a good 256GB or 512GB drive, and put all your editing software on there. Get a VelociRaptor for media storage.

This is the KILLER system, as long as money is not an issue.

If you really REALLY have money to burn, a PCI-e SSD is way faster, but costs a pretty penny more than traditional SATA III 6.0GB/s drives.

mujtaba_1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
thanks for your effort @ casual builder.

why dont you put together a list ? staying under $1100.. i dont need a Graphic card.. my friend has one.. i dont need OS i already have it. thanks a lot buddy.. this site ROCKS

cutebeans

Distinguished

Just get what I did, it's pretty much what you want.