I can connect to the internet and WoW But...

Drekai

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I can't connect to anything else... day of defeat source, lord of the rings online... nothing.

I've disabled my firewall and forwarded all the ports... nothing.

When I try to connect, sometimes It'll be stuck on connecting to server, or it'll go all the way, connect, but then instantly disconnect.

But I play WoW and I get 100 MS like it's nothing. No errors.

...What the hell?

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
In windows at the lower right their is a two monitor icon if it has other things other than a globe (earth) then it needs to resolve that before you can connect to the internet. Try right clicking on it then click on Diagnose and Repair it will give you dialogs which you can choose to resolve the issues.

G

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

riser

Illustrious
Disable Windows Firewall. Try connecting.

Move the IP address of your computer (192.168.x.x) into the DMZ on your Router. This bypasses the firewall completely. Try to connect. If nothing, you have bigger issues.

Do you have new anti-virus running that may be blocking the ports? Check there, disable if need be to determine if it is causing the problem.

Drekai

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Disabling both the firewall, and stuck my computer in the DMZ was one of the first things I've done.

I've tried...

Disabling the firewall
Port forwarded it all the ports that the various games used
factory resetting the router
Checking my TCP/IP settings
Refreshing my IP
Updating both my motherboard and Ethernet chipset's drivers
running several virus scans.
Disabling wireless access point (Don't know what this could of done, but it was worth a shot)
fiddling around with my Router's settings.

I wouldn't of come here if I hadn't tried everything I could think of. I'm pretty desperate because I need my FPS fix and none of them work. Think about it, all those noobs left unchecked...

Drekai

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I've got a PERFECT connection everywhere else.

Most are Steam games, and I *CAN* Connect to the game, just only for a split second enough to hear a few shots fired before it disconnects me.

Banned for hacking? No. One.) I don't hack because hacking is for bads. Two.) It would of given me a message in the affirmative if I had.

I play World of Warcraft regularly and I can connect to it just fine, with 150 or less MS.

I tried F2P Lord of the Rings online a few months back, but I would have the EXACT same problem I do with steam games.

Connects for a split second then disconnects me, but sometimes hanging on various parts of the connection process.

I didn't think it's a winsock issue, but I tried it anyway. Didn't work.

And as a little addendum here, I do regular(Nightly) Malware/Virus scans. Quick scans daily and Full scans weekly.

I've found nothing.