Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't find MOBO name... Or brand.

Last response: in Motherboards
November 19, 2012 2:34:32 AM

So. I purchased a Gateway SX2851-41. I recently took the mobo out of the case, and put it in a full atx tower thinking that it would help the computers life, since it only had a 150w powersupply(Way too low.), and I put in a 500w powersupply for a mediocre gaming pc.

Problem is that, I can't find out what the max ram speed is on the board, and what is the socket type. Although I know it has an i3 550 Clarckdale, which is a LGA 1156 processor...

On the board itself, even on the back of the board it has NO trace of information on it what so ever. I even used programs like CPU-ID or Everest to try to find the name of the board or bios. And it says "Unknown"...

If anyone can help me figure out the exact model of this board it would be greatly appreciated.

PS- The only thing I found about this board is that it is similar to a Intel H57.

More about : find mobo brand

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2012 6:21:42 AM

It's likely an acer custom board that likely won't have any info publically available. You aren't supposed to be gutting these computers from Gateway's point of view.

Crucial is usually a good resource as they provide compatibility info for most computers to make upgrades easier to buy:

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Gateway-memory/SX+Series...

Looks like you can run up to DDR3 1866 and it's got an intel H57 chipset and an 1156 socket. It should support any first gen i-series CPU that fits that socket.

November 20, 2012 1:30:33 AM

Best answer selected by JonKearnz.
Score
!