HIS 6950 IceQ vs EVGA GTX560 ti

im building a new PC and the only part I cant decide on is the GPU its come down to these 2 and was wondering if anyone had these cards or has any helpfull info on them HIS Radeon HD6950 IceQ X and EVGA Geforce GTX560 Ti FPB

the IceQ is only the 800mhz version and I was wondering if I could just ramp it up the the turbo versions specs anyway [same heatsink just lower stok speeds for some reason]

now I MAY crossfire/sli at a later date but atm im only running at 1680x1050 as thats my screens max so I dont see the point atm

Rest of the PC will be

i5-2500k
8 gig ram [ripjaw 1333 or 1600 depending on whats in stock]
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3HB3
CoolerMaster Storm Scout

and the rest :P
thanks heeps for the help <3 diaboles
6 answers Last reply
More about 6950 iceq evga gtx560
  1. I would go with the 560 Ti myself, course I tend to like EVGA and I've never used an HIS that and I prefer nvidia's driver support to AMD although they have gotten much better.

When comes to pairing 2 cards, the 560s tend to do better in that area, however unless you get say a 900mhz version of the 560 ti the 6950 does seem to be a little bit faster as a single card, but not by a lot and as always varies based on the game.
  2. get the HD 6950. better than GTX 560 Ti even on Crossfire mode versus GTX 560 Ti SLI.
  3. im going to be going for battlefield 3, RAGE, Diablo 3 and when it comes out borderlands 2 ;P

im also not gona go below a 6950 or 560 because of future graphics and I may get a new screen in the future anyway
  4. no offence but I refuse to get a 6850 I have fone the 4850 [wich was a WICKED card will it burnt out] nad another lower card that I am now replacing so im taking the "mid range" rather then the "cheaP"

I can now aford the 6950 and 560ti and thats what I will get, if thats what im getting I may aswell get the best of it... if you know what im saying "watching pirates of the caribion"
  5. yeah get whatever is cheaper. HD 6950 is a lil better than 560 Ti.
  6. diaboles said:
    im building a new PC and the only part I cant decide on is the GPU its come down to these 2 and was wondering if anyone had these cards or has any helpfull info on them HIS Radeon HD6950 IceQ X and EVGA Geforce GTX560 Ti FPB

the IceQ is only the 800mhz version and I was wondering if I could just ramp it up the the turbo versions specs anyway [same heatsink just lower stok speeds for some reason]

now I MAY crossfire/sli at a later date but atm im only running at 1680x1050 as thats my screens max so I dont see the point atm

Rest of the PC will be

i5-2500k
    8 gig ram [ripjaw 1333 or 1600 depending on whats in stock]
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3HB3
    CoolerMaster Storm Scout

and the rest :P
    thanks heeps for the help <3 diaboles

Hi,

I would suggest MSI GTX 560 ti hawk OC out of the box 950 MHz Core,Memory Clock Speed 4200 Mhz.It gives u a outstanding performance. I played crysis 2, Metro 2033 and witcher 2 on maxed settings
    with all other features enabled. no lag very smooth performance.. I am running on 1600x900..

My Gig,
    AMD phonom x4 955
    ASUS M4A88T-M
    4GB DDR3 ram @1333 Mhz
    MSI GTX 560 ti hawk
    CM elite 430 black edition + CM 550GX psu.

Cheersss.....
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Graphics