1st Computer build. Not starting up

Hello,
CPU - AMD FX 6100 6-Core Processor, 3.3 6 Socket AM3+ -

Mobo- ASUS M5A97 Evo - AM3+ - 970 - SATA

PSU- Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver Certified 1050

VideoCard- Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 PCIE

RAM - Kingston Technology HyperX 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB Modules)

Cooler- Corsair Hydro Series H80

When i tried to start up my computer green lights on my motherboard came on. The fans also started to come on then a little beep/click noise happens and a red light appears on my motherboard where it says CPU_LED and then it shuts off. Any idea what i could have done wrong?
10 answers Last reply
More about computer build starting
  1. did you connect the 8 pin cpu 12v connector?
  2. Did you screw the motherboard into the case using the (gold)raised mounting screws?
  3. yeah the 8pin connector and yes the mounting screws where used. Could it have something to do with the power supply. The 4pin fan connector i did not use. I have 6 fans connected to the 3 pin connectors . The slot for the CPU FAN is empty for that reason so im wondering if that has anything to do with it,
  4. you need to connect the heatsink fan to the cpu header
  5. I have no spot to mount it
  6. Its in between the ram and the 8-pin along the side. Page 2-2 of the English version number 3.

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A97_EVO/#download

Its a 4 pin header, if you only have a three pin connector it will still connect just fine leave the left (as oriented on that picture) pin open.
  7. not sure what you mean no spot to mount it

plus doesnt that board have 4 fan headers? if so how have you connected 6 fans
  8. Totalknowledge hit the likely problem. For explanation of what the BIOS beep codes mean look at page 2-45 of your manual (English version); different beeps are meant to point your troubleshooting in the right direction.

For non-EFI/UEFI BIOS mobos, here is a link to AMI/Phoenix beep codes explained:
    http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
  9. The connectors for my Liquid cooling were bad so my processor was overheating
  10. I have the same CPU, mobo and ram. I cannot get mine to post at all. Not even a beep. I try to touch the heatsink to see if it's not even warm at all, with or without fan. Is it possible I got an old mobo with old bios that does not support the CPU?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components