Closed Solved

Z77 extreme4 atx 12v cable

Which cable in my psu attaches to the header on my AsRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard? (keep in mind this is my first build)
Does the cable labelled " CPU Power" with two separate 4 pin heads (attached to the psu) go into the atx 12v power connector? I have a 620 watt antex psu btw
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about extreme4 cable
  1. Best answer
    I have the same motherboard, but a different power supply (Silencer MK III). That is where I plugged the two 4pin connectors that came already attached to my PSU. The plug is on the upper left of the Extreme 4. Good luck. I am in the finishing stages of my first build as well.
  2. Camaro67 said:
    I have the same motherboard, but a different power supply (Silencer MK III). That is where I plugged the two 4pin connectors that came already attached to my PSU. The plug is on the upper left of the Extreme 4. Good luck. I am in the finishing stages of my first build as well.

Thanks for answering :) I've located the 12v atx power header on the mobo but which cable from the psu goes into it? The only ones I think could work are two 4 pin connecters (2x2 dimensions per connector right?) :) (same as you) but do they have the label " CPU " on them?
  3. Best answer selected by vinsonc11.
  4. Camaro67 said:

Thanks, I found the psu cables :D good luck to you too
  5. Thank you as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Cable ATX Motherboards Power