Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Z77 extreme4 atx 12v cable

Last response: in Motherboards
November 19, 2012 4:52:35 AM

Which cable in my psu attaches to the header on my AsRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard? (keep in mind this is my first build)
Does the cable labelled " CPU Power" with two separate 4 pin heads (attached to the psu) go into the atx 12v power connector? I have a 620 watt antex psu btw

Best solution

November 19, 2012 5:36:51 AM

I have the same motherboard, but a different power supply (Silencer MK III). That is where I plugged the two 4pin connectors that came already attached to my PSU. The plug is on the upper left of the Extreme 4. Good luck. I am in the finishing stages of my first build as well.
November 19, 2012 6:40:48 AM

Camaro67 said:
I have the same motherboard, but a different power supply (Silencer MK III). That is where I plugged the two 4pin connectors that came already attached to my PSU. The plug is on the upper left of the Extreme 4. Good luck. I am in the finishing stages of my first build as well.

Thanks for answering :)  I've located the 12v atx power header on the mobo but which cable from the psu goes into it? The only ones I think could work are two 4 pin connecters (2x2 dimensions per connector right?) :)  (same as you) but do they have the label " CPU " on them?
Score
Related resources
November 19, 2012 6:49:22 AM

Best answer selected by vinsonc11.
Score
November 19, 2012 6:49:57 AM

Camaro67 said:

Thanks, I found the psu cables :D  good luck to you too
Score
November 19, 2012 8:49:32 PM

Thank you as well.
Score
!