Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$2000 build for gaming

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 6:09:31 PM

I have $2000 burning a hole in my pocket.
Anyone just put together a nice core i7 build?

Just the tower only. No monitor, keyboard or mouse.
It can be Liquid cooled or air cooled.
SSD is fine also a larger drive for storage but also fast.

Thanks all.

More about : 2000 build gaming

October 19, 2011 6:56:47 PM

Try this...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$314.99

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$85.99

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$274.99

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 C9 1.5V
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$74.99

GPU: 2x HIS IceQ X Turbo X Radeon HD 6950 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$599.98

SSD: 128GB Crucial M4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$197.99

HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$64.99

Optical: Samsung 22X DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$19.99

PSU: Corsair TX850 V2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$129.99 ($15 MIR available)

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$179.99

TOTAL: $1943.89 before any applicable rebate, tax, and shipping
m
0
l
October 19, 2011 11:23:59 PM

Anonymous said:
I have $2000 burning a hole in my pocket.
Anyone just put together a nice core i7 build?

Just the tower only. No monitor, keyboard or mouse.
It can be Liquid cooled or air cooled.
SSD is fine also a larger drive for storage but also fast.

Thanks all.

umm. what res will you be playing at?
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 20, 2011 12:53:31 AM

mjmjpfaff said:
umm. what res will you be playing at?


2560 x 1440 if possible. On a 27" Ips monitor.
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 20, 2011 12:56:49 AM

You think the Asrock board is better than the Asus P86Z68-V Pro/Gen3?



nd_hunter said:
Try this...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$314.99

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$85.99

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$274.99

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 C9 1.5V
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$74.99

GPU: 2x HIS IceQ X Turbo X Radeon HD 6950 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$599.98

SSD: 128GB Crucial M4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$197.99

HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$64.99

Optical: Samsung 22X DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$19.99

PSU: Corsair TX850 V2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$129.99 ($15 MIR available)

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$179.99

TOTAL: $1943.89 before any applicable rebate, tax, and shipping

m
0
l
Anonymous
October 20, 2011 2:30:20 AM

Anyone have a iMac with the core i7 2600 and the 6970 2GB vid?
Was considering this option also.
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2011 5:52:20 AM

What about an Nvidia 580 with 3GB Ram?
I would like to have Cuda for video conversion and Physx wouldn't hurt either. Plus 3GB Ram for maxd out AA and AF?




nd_hunter said:
Try this...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$314.99

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$85.99

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$274.99

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 C9 1.5V
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$74.99

GPU: 2x HIS IceQ X Turbo X Radeon HD 6950 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$599.98

SSD: 128GB Crucial M4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$197.99

HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$64.99

Optical: Samsung 22X DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$19.99

PSU: Corsair TX850 V2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$129.99 ($15 MIR available)

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$179.99

TOTAL: $1943.89 before any applicable rebate, tax, and shipping

m
0
l
October 21, 2011 6:58:39 AM

Anonymous said:
What about an Nvidia 580 with 3GB Ram?
I would like to have Cuda for video conversion and Physx wouldn't hurt either. Plus 3GB Ram for maxd out AA and AF?


I would think you'd want to use Quick Sync, enabled by Virtu, if you are interested in hardware acceleration. You could get a 3GB GTX 580, however there isn't a huge performance increase over a 1.5GB GTX 580 (at least at 1920x1080 resolution, click me). There will probably be a slightly higher difference at your resolution. Keep in mind that Crossfired HD 6950s kick a single GTX 580's butt (click me). Obviously, PhysX enables incredible effects that AMD is unable to duplicate, so you'll just have to decide for yourself which card(s) would be better for you. I doubt you will be disappointed in either choice.
m
0
l
!