clarkination

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what could be my issue.

The past few weeks (Had my rig since January) my PC has weirdly kinda jittered, in that the sound drags for a second or so, screen freezes for the duration as if a DVD was skipping kind of effect. It hasn't happened before and none of the other rigs I've had or built have done this. I can't really find anything I can pinpoint to my issue on the internet where I've looked. I'm thinking it /could/ be the PSU being weird or the way I have it all plugged in. If any of you can help, please do.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place but couldn't see a more appropriate place to post this. :D

Mathew.

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi,

If you have not done so already, I would run a test on the RAM to see if any of it is giving errors. You can run memtest86+ or I believe Windows 7 has one that you can run as well. Run the test for a few hours to see if any errors are returned. If there are errors, this is a sign that some of the RAM is bad and would have to be replaced. Bad RAM can cause freezing, stuttering, blue screens, and random reboots so it is always a good idea to test it first.

clarkination

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Sorry for (very late) reply. Tried both and no issues with RAM apparently. Any other ideas? Getting a bit annoying when playing games or watching something.