Closed Solved

Corsair h100 rad location

Im looking at the corsair h1oo for my build . The case is a Lian Li pc-a70f . My question is where to locate the radiator . What I've read thus far is to mount on the top panel . Problem is I plan to install two 120 mm blowholes there for general ventilation . So that being said can I mount it on the side panel ? and will I run into problems with the length of the stock hose ? all thots appreciated
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair h100 location
  1. Hi :)

Any radiator needs to RADIATE heat AWAY from the case... top/back/side makes little difference ...

All the best Brett :)
  2. If I mount it on the top panel with a push-pull set up 120mmx4 do you there will be enough air flow for it to be working even marginally in terms of case ventilation ??
  3. Best answer
    More than enough.
  4. Awsome . I really want the h100 for conserving space in my case as well as the cooling bonus but the only place ( thus far ) I see to mount it is where I wanted to install the 120 mm blowholes so if the rad will acheive both functions then its a win win
  5. You can always consider the H80!
  6. Argh! no . my hearing's going already . The info on the h100 says its compatible with cases set for 120 mm radiators . Does that mean I can use a standard 120mm rad template to do the case mod with out fear of mistakes ?? ie. the mounting screw holes line up etc. ?
  7. rufus_22 said:
    Argh! no . my hearing's going already . The info on the h100 says its compatible with cases set for 120 mm radiators . Does that mean I can use a standard 120mm rad template to do the case mod with out fear of mistakes ?? ie. the mounting screw holes line up etc. ?

No h100 is a 240mm rad, not 120mm :S
  8. yah I know . argh . I typo'd 240 it is . Same question as above sorry
  9. Then yes it is compatible! :)
  10. Sweet . I'll start the top panel mod asap . ty for the input
  11. Best answer selected by rufus_22.
  12. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components