[775] Intel DP965LT & 1333FSB

Hello :hello:
I have i question about my strange mb. So, my 5 years old pc were bought in a shop, in quite strange configuration: Intel dp965LTck mb, which supports up to 1066mhz fsb, and core 2 duo e6550 which is 1333mhz. I dont know what they did there with this mb :lol: but all programs says that my cpu works on 1333fsb. And yea, i can overclock with SetFSB up to 1357fsb = 2.5ghz :whistle: (more unstable)
So, now im think about upgrade because my config (e6550 & 9800gt & 6GB ddr2 800mhz) with my new 1080p monitor totally sucks in all games, except minecraft :pt1cable:
I play games rarely, but i still want to play GTA5 :sarcastic: So, i think i should upgrade everything.. or get xbox360 so, how do you think, if i will stay with 775 socket and get new cpu, how do you thing, will my mobo handle it?
Thanks for answers :hello:
12 answers Last reply
More about intel dp965lt 1333fsb
  1. You may want to upgrade to a better graphics card if your power supply can handle it. Otherwise, list a budget and vender if you want more advice. The graphics card can be used in your next proper upgrade so it's a logical first step. Skip the new motherboard until you go with 1155. I found my 2120 board/cpu used for $125 recently.
  2. o1die said:
    You may want to upgrade to a better graphics card if your power supply can handle it. Otherwise, list a budget and vender if you want more advice. The graphics card can be used in your next proper upgrade so it's a logical first step. Skip the new motherboard until you go with 1155. I found my 2120 board/cpu used for $125 recently.

    Yep, i need new gpu also. But i currently dont know, do i need upgrade at all... Because as i said i play very rarely. And yeah, i have bad PSU, codegen 400w. But i can get 500w (dont know the vendor but think its normal) for a low price :)
  3. How low? I recommend antec, corsair, ocz, or fsp (sparkle is my old school favorite) for value and quality. Some of the other brands are pure junk.
  4. o1die said:
    How low? I recommend antec, corsair, ocz, or fsp (sparkle is my old school favorite) for value and quality. Some of the other brands are pure junk.

    I dont know, because its my friend's psu. It were bought for phenom x4 955 & gtx460. So i think it will handle my new config easily. (if i will get i3)
  5. So, here is the prices in the local shop (will write in $) :
    Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3GHz - 136.5$
    Cheapest mobos:
    Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 - 48$
    MSI H61M-P31 (G3) - 48$
    Asrock H61M-DGS - 48$
    MSI H61M-P20 (G3) - 49$
    Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 /C/SI BULK - 49$
    RAM (i think its better to get 8gb and 1333mhz right?)
    Crucial Spectek 8GB DDR3 PC3-10600 CL9 - 37$
    Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3 PC3-1280 - 42$
    Kingston 8GB PC10600 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX KIT OF 2 - 42$
    But i think Kingston is much better than Crucial, right? And kit of 2 will be faster?
    So, i will go for Asus and Kingston all will cost me 227.5$. I think i can sell old cpu e6550 for 40$, intel mb for 22$ (but who needs intel mb :D) 6Gb ddr2 ram - 45-50$.
    So upgrade will cost around 120$. :)
  6. Sounds good; I use the asus board on your list. It configured my old windows 7 installation without having to format. Got lucky.
  7. o1die said:
    Sounds good; I use the asus board on your list. It configured my old windows 7 installation without having to format. Got lucky.

    Hm, if i will upgrade i will get that asus too :)
    Meanwhile in local used item site just appeared i3 2120 for 110$. Used for 1 month, with warranty. The difference with i3 3220 is 25$. Ivy bridge worth that?
    And yeah, what if gta5 will be better optimized for 4 core CPUs like gta4? Maybe it will be better to get Amd? x4 phenom is even cheaper than i3.
  8. No. Ivy bridge isn't worth $25 extra. Here's another link for a good deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116777
  9. o1die said:
    No. Ivy bridge isn't worth $25 extra. Here's another link for a good deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116777

    But then i need to decide fast, because it could be sold very fast..
    Pentium? No, thanks :sarcastic: And i see it ships from US, and i must pay VAC 21%. :(
    So if buy online only from EU stores.
  10. Hey man, can you asnwer me a little thing?

    Are you using Windows 7 64bits with your DP965LT Intel's motherboard? If it's yes, how you did it?

    I Have the same mobo and i cant use Windows 7 64 bits (only 32bits with 2gb).

    Sorry, I'm new here. =/
  11. Thiagodobro said:
    Hey man, can you asnwer me a little thing?

    Are you using Windows 7 64bits with your DP965LT Intel's motherboard? If it's yes, how you did it?

    I Have the same mobo and i cant use Windows 7 64 bits (only 32bits with 2gb).

    Sorry, I'm new here. =/

    Yes, simply installed. Win 8 x64 works also.
    I think problem is not in mb :hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Configuration Intel Product