Dual GPU card Xfire

Recently I saw a dual gpu 6870. I am running a 6870 in my current rig. Would I be able to run the dual gpu variant in xfire? The clock rate and memory rate are the same so from my little knowledge on the subject I would think it would be fine. Anybody have any exp or knowledge on the subject?
5 answers Last reply
More about dual card xfire
  1. Yes you can run it in, but you will have to use the 6870x2 in the primary top slot. Good luck with it.
    And you will need a PSU that can handle 3 GPU's like a good quality 850w or higher.
  2. Thank you sir! I'm not sure if I will go with that set up or if I will just get another reg. 6870.
  3. FYI thats what you'd call a tri-fire system.......and id go a lil heavier duty than 850......find a 1000watter with many available amps......

and yes......it would kick much arse!!!
  4. I'm not sure what I'm going to run as of now. I will most definitely upgrade the psu. Do you think that getting a new 6870 or dual gpu 6870 will be outdated or behind the curve?
  5. Reading this Radeon HD 6950 CrossfireX review shows charts with multi-GPU's performance results. A pair of 6870s is a viable option for you and will give excellent frame rates in games past, present and future.
    Tri-fire might be overkill, but kick a-s. As for out dated goes, the pace of tech now a days ----- but you know the rest.
    In my opinion you should be good with crossfire for a couple years.
    Oh an the link; http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs Memory Graphics