Help My CPU went to 144C randomly again?!?!

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Now for the second time my CPU temperature has jumped up to 144C on one of my Cores. I have an AMD Athlon II x3 455 and I am using Coretemp to monitor my temperatures. For some reason, on coretemp my CPU frequency was at like 9999.33 MHz but when I check it through CPU-Z they are at there normal 3315.1 and my voltage is at 1.376, so is my voltage ok? I think it is coretemp but Im not sure so what do you suggest? Oh and I have never overclocked or done any thing of that sort through the BIOS and I have an aftermarket cooler , Zigmatek GAIA SD1283, So is there anything I should do to help? Could it have been a misreading or did it actually go to that high of a Temperature? Like I said this is the second time and they were both at the exact same temperature.

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
just a heads up, using core temp my pc did that once only it jumped from 30c to 90-95 c in a matter of seconds when i was just surfing the web,since uninstalling and using hw monitor ive had no issues like this. i know coretemp wasnt just showing a high temp as well because my cpu fan kicked on high and i could feel the heat come from my case