Old Gaming Pc Overhaul

CarmineD187

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I would like to start by thanking everyone here for any help with my current problem. Also to bear with me and my limited knowledge, I have been out of the tech loop for about 5 years since I built this Pc.

Problem:
I plan on overhauling my old gaming pc and I don't know what are the best products to buy to get the most out of my set up I have about $800 to spend

Pc Specs:
I have an Evga 680i Sli board, 4gb of corsair DDR2 XMS memory, Evga 8800GTX, corsair 850watt Ps, Intel Core 2 duo 6700, 320gb HD 7200

Upgrades So Far & money Spent:
2x 24" viewsonic monitor with 2x BFG GTX 275 $300 (friend upgraded and gave me a deal I could not turn down)
Windows 7 ultimate full version $50

Looking to buy:
CPU,Memory,Raptor Hard Drive (if someone could tell me what's the best of each of these my board could handle and is compatible)

christop

Distinguished
Get an I5 2500k. Check out some g-skills ram. As far as your old cpu, ram, and mb sell it if you can. You will need to get a socket 1155 mb to go with you I5 and ddr3 ram. I wouldn't bother with a raptor drive get a ssd.

CarmineD187

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for the input Chris but I would like to keep my board. I looked into the DDR2 ram and from what I see on the Evga site this board is a pain in the asset when it comes to getting the correct ram, also I see people saying they use 1300hz ram when from that I read it says it will only go to 800hz. Lastly about the ssd they are all compatible with the set-up I have?