Psx to DC controller

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Hi, I have one of those convertors to use a PSX joypad or a wheel to a
Dreamcast.

I've tried a PSX controller, everything is ok.
I've tried the wheel, the DC doesn't want to recognize it.

Any Help?
Thanks in advance!
| Davide Guida davide.guida@email.it |

Davide Guida wrote:

> Hi, I have one of those convertors to use a PSX joypad or a wheel to a
> Dreamcast.
>
> I've tried a PSX controller, everything is ok.
> I've tried the wheel, the DC doesn't want to recognize it.
>
> Any Help?
> Thanks in advance!

The convertor I have, you actually have to move the lever-like switch
over to a "circle" looking symbol(it's supposed to represent a steering
wheel) before it'll even consider recognizing any sort of wheel. I think
mine is made by Performance...you may want to take a look on the side of
your convertor, see if there's anything like that.

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

BelPowerslave in data 11/02/2005 alle 15.49.20 osò dire:

> Davide Guida wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have one of those convertors to use a PSX joypad or a wheel
> > to a Dreamcast.
> >
> > I've tried a PSX controller, everything is ok.
> > I've tried the wheel, the DC doesn't want to recognize it.
> >
> > Any Help?
> > Thanks in advance!
> >

> The convertor I have, you actually have to move the lever-like switch
> over to a "circle" looking symbol(it's supposed to represent a
> steering wheel) before it'll even consider recognizing any sort of
> wheel. I think mine is made by Performance...you may want to take a
> look on the side of your convertor, see if there's anything like that.
>
> Bel

Already done.
The switch is on the left side, already moved near the wheel symbol.
Anyway, the wheel and buttons still don't work.

The only effect I obtained is: when I press the "programming button" on
my wheel during the dreamcast boot, the wheel activates the internal
rumbler until the console is switched off.

| Davide Guida davide.guida@email.it |