customize right click menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002

Hi. Is it possible to modify the contents of the right
click menu in file explorer--i.e. add or remove options
that I do not want there--some programs I rarely used have
added options that I do not use.

Thanks.

"Tino" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi. Is it possible to modify the contents of the right
>click menu in file explorer--i.e. add or remove options
>that I do not want there--some programs I rarely used have
>added options that I do not use.

If you know which software added the entries, check the options menu
in that program to find out if you can disable this here.
For manual editing the menus go to the Explorer > Folder Options >
File Types, find the file type in the list and click "Edit".

--
(tm)

kelly

It depends on where in the right click menu. Check here:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\OpenWithList
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context menu
(right-click) in Windows Explorer.

Add, Modify, Disable, Delete Context Menu Listings (Line 23)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Tino" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Is it possible to modify the contents of the right
> click menu in file explorer--i.e. add or remove options
> that I do not want there--some programs I rarely used have
> added options that I do not use.
>
> Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.