Sign in with
Your question

EPS Adapters

Last response: in CPUs
January 20, 2012 2:49:43 AM

I just installed a new PSU in my computer and found my motherboard is a 4 pin female eps connection and the supply i bought has a 6 pin male.
So currently I have 4 of the 6 plugged into the board with 2 overhanging of the side. It works fine but it makes me wearey about maybe frying my board.
Im wondering if this will be a problem or not. I cannot find a proper adapter anywhere, so maybe some where here know where i can find one.

Thanks for any help.

More about : eps adapters

a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 20, 2012 12:44:46 PM

Hello gnardog;

What PSU do you have?
You should only have 4pin ATX or 8pin(or 4+4) EPS CPU Aux power connector on the PSU.
As far as I know the only 6pin connectors are the PCI-e power leads for video cards.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 20, 2012 1:11:01 PM

Gnardog said:
I just installed a new PSU in my computer and found my motherboard is a 4 pin female eps connection and the supply i bought has a 6 pin male.
So currently I have 4 of the 6 plugged into the board with 2 overhanging of the side. It works fine but it makes me wearey about maybe frying my board.
Im wondering if this will be a problem or not. I cannot find a proper adapter anywhere, so maybe some where here know where i can find one.

Thanks for any help.

:o  It does ?
It shouldn't, the polarity is reversed
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors....
m
l
!