Corsair TX650 V2 VS Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hey Guys

Quick question for all my Tom brothers.

I am trying to decide between these 2 PSUS as they come in at the round about the same price here in my country SA Please could you advise as to which i should go for i am leaning towards the Cooler Master even though i love Corsair PSU'S, below are the 2 options, please let me know if you require more information from me.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6657

http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/enthusiast-series-power-supply-units/enthusiast-series-tx650-v2-80-plus-bronze-certified-650-watt-high-performance-power-supply.html

System Specs:
Gigabyte H55M-USB3
Core i5 760
4GB Corsair Vengence
EVGA GTX 460
Corsair Force 3 90GB SSD
2 X 500GB 7200RPM Seagate HDD (RAID 0)
Corsair H60 Internal Cooling

Thanking all of you in advance.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
thanks for the input i did have a look at that and that is generally the determining factor as for the effiecency i found the cooler master to only be about 4 to 6 percent more efficient which is marginal. The corsair also runs cooler by about 5 degrees, is louder however.

Thanks for the input.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Im running a Gigabyte Odin 585 Watt PSU which i think i causing a power consumption issue with my GPU the GTX 460 so it is a replacement i am not looking for the quieter one im looking for the more reliable and most future proof model =)

It's not really 585 watts, that's the "peak" output.
Check your label, it's a 460 watt psu.
According to the specs it should be enough, but they're low quality units, Gigabyte should never have given them the Odin tag.

Another vote for the Corsair

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Lol dont worry i already no this after i bought the thing 3 years ago its consistent Psu output was just under 500 watts its a pathetic thing and damn rite not sure what the OIN badge was put on for but ok! Sweet so we have 3 votes to Corsair this is becoming a pretty solid case thank you guys for all your input please know it is much appreciated!

The Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold series is their premium series so you would expect it to have some quality to it.

The problem is that their eXtreme Power Plus and Elite Power series hasn't had any improvement and is representative of the garbage that is still out there on the market.

Yes.

Cooler Master has the following power supply series:

Elite Power Series
eXtreme Power Plus Series
GX Series
GX-Lite Series
Real Power M Series
Real Power Pro Series
Silent Pro Gold Series
Silent Pro Hybrid Series
Silent Pro M Series
Silent Pro M2 Series
UCP Series

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
So its only really there premium series thats any good the Silent Pro Series? Are are there other series that fall within there premium series.

The Silent Pro M Series is the only other one I would even bother considering.

The Silent Pro M2 Series, which is the successor to the Silent Pro M Series 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified PSU's, is beginning to be introduced to the market. This new series consists of 80 PLUS SILVER Certified single +12V rail semi-modular PSU's. There's no history on which to base an opinion on this series yet.