Asus Maximus Extreme or Formula

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
So I'm looking at upgrading my Gigabyte- P67- UD4 to something a lil more... extreme.
I was curious to what real difference there is between these two boards and what I should go with.
Price isn't to much of a worry, I'm just trying to get top of the line, of course if someone were to recommend something cheaper with great features, I'm open to it.

My current rig is this, incase it matters.
CPU- i72600k
GPU- ATI Radon 5970
Ram- Corsair vengence 8gb
PSU- Corsair HX850w
Mobo- Gigabyte P67-UD4
HDD- 2x OCZ Vertex 2 64 GB, 2TB WD Green
Case- Cooler Master HAF X

This rig is watercooled, not air cooled. I mean proper watercooled, not just the closed loop cpu cooling.

I've ordered a couple of EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb (reference design) to replace the Radeon 5970, and I'll be replacing the SSD's, HDD, Ram and possibly the case in the near future.

Oh, and I own a sound card, It's a Creative Sound Blaster Fat1ty.

Based on that info, what motherboard would be the best option?

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

I like to consider it an 'upgrade' :p I hate gigabyte boards, and I've had problems with this one and previous ones in the past with other computers. I bought this off a friend and upgraded, but now I feel its time to rid this mobo for good. So, in my eyes, it's a sure upgrade.

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Doing some more research, it looks like the Formula has better sound capabilities than the Extreme, but I already own a good soundcard.

I still haven't made a decision, but some more opinions would be wonderful :)

TRENDING THREADS