Where does this plug go?

setherroni

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I am building a new computer with the NZXT Phantom Case and the MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard.

With the case, it came with a large blue plug with a USB symbol on it, and I believe it has something to do with USB 3.0. I can't seem to find where the plug goes on my motherboard. Is it not compatible?

Solution
That is for the front usb ports, sadly you have a mobo that does not come with a usb 3.0 header. You can either, not use the front usb ports, get a usb 3.0 header to 3.0 port adapter and plug it in the rear usb 3.0 ports, or get a 3.0 header to 2.0 header adapter (but will be 2.0 speeds).
That is for the front usb ports, sadly you have a mobo that does not come with a usb 3.0 header. You can either, not use the front usb ports, get a usb 3.0 header to 3.0 port adapter and plug it in the rear usb 3.0 ports, or get a 3.0 header to 2.0 header adapter (but will be 2.0 speeds).

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

The plug is for your case's front USB 3.0 connector. However it does not look like that board has any internal USB 3.0 headers to connect to. The only 2 USB 3.0 ports are the rear panel ports.

Edit: Beat me too it :)

D

Deleted member 217926

Wow. We need a badge or something for actually coming back and picking a best answer after 2 years! :lol:

Even crazier all 3 of us who replied are mods now. Well nukemaster might have actually been a when this post was new but I wasn't and neither was K1114.

TRENDING THREADS