Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Upgrade now or wait?

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 20, 2012 8:45:49 AM

Hey guys, so this is currently my rig

AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2 GHz
Gigabyte GA-M86MT-S2P Mobo
Galaxy GTX 570
1 TB HDD
8 Gigs of DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
Ultra X4 1050W PSU
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition

I'm currently running 2 monitors and my CPU is having a bit of trouble keeping up and i think it's bottlenecking my card a bit, so i was wondering should i upgrade to the bulldozer (i heard it was a huge let down, especially in gaming) or just make the leap to Intel now and get a 2500k or wait for ivy bridge? thanks a lot for taking the time to read this

More about : upgrade wait

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2012 8:52:35 AM

The cheapest is to upgrade your cpu with Phenom II X6 . Then your gpu will not be bottleneck.Your mobo is GA-M68MT-S2P because on Gigabyte GA-M86MT-S2P i didn't found nothing.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2012 8:54:17 AM

I'd wait for ivy in your situation. your cpu should still be good with 1 570, just game on 1 monitor and wait it out.

bulldozer isn't really a worthy upgrade. you can also wait to see if piledriver is any good.
Share
Related resources
January 20, 2012 8:57:51 AM

esrever said:
I'd wait for ivy in your situation. your cpu should still be good with 1 570, just game on 1 monitor and wait it out.

bulldozer isn't really a worthy upgrade. you can also wait to see if piledriver is any good.

when is piledriver suppose to come out? same goes for ivy bridge, when are those suppose to hit store shelves?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2012 8:59:11 AM

ivy is looking to be around april and piledriver is no idea.
Score
0
January 20, 2012 9:13:16 AM

Best answer selected by LQ4594.
Score
0
!