Sign in with
Your question

Not sure if faulty motherboard or PSU

Last response: in Motherboards
November 19, 2012 11:46:06 PM

So recently, my computer is not displaying anything on the monitor which made me think that it was a Video Card problem since it happened to me before and I immediately replaced the video card and it worked. This time it happened again and I decided to RMA it since it still has warranty. When I finally received the video card. The results were fine, they even did a burnout test and said that it is good and does not have problems. They returned it after I got home I tested it and it still does not work for me.

And here's what happened:

Before I RMA'd my card, the whole system is running. Fans, leds, hard drives, mouse led, keyboard led and etc. But after the I received the card from RMA and inserted it. The mouse and keyboard led is not turning on anymore but the fans and drives are still working. So it got me thinking that I either have a faulty motherboard or psu. Help anyone?

More about : faulty motherboard psu

a c 1162 V Motherboard
a c 1408 U Graphics card
November 20, 2012 1:01:35 AM

Without swapping parts it is hard to tell but the lights not coming on points to the board.
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:08:36 AM

Wouldn't the lack of LEDs indicate a PSU issue? Not trying to contradict or confuse but I am just curious.
m
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 1:18:01 AM

rolli59 said:
Without swapping parts it is hard to tell but the lights not coming on points to the board.

Really? I'll try more experiments later, I can't really borrow any spare motherboards to try.

DrDoctors said:
Wouldn't the lack of LEDs indicate a PSU issue? Not trying to contradict or confuse but I am just curious.

I'm not so sure since I'm not really good at technical stuff with regards to computers but I know how to buld one. :D 

m
l
a c 1162 V Motherboard
a c 1408 U Graphics card
November 20, 2012 1:44:03 AM

bloodyredd said:
Really? I'll try more experiments later, I can't really borrow any spare motherboards to try.

I'm not so sure since I'm not really good at technical stuff with regards to computers but I know how to buld one. :D 

Maybe spare PSU?
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:56:22 AM

I really don't have a spare PSU and I don't know someone with a spare PSU. My last option is to buy a new one which I don't really want to rush since it may be the motherboard.
m
l
!