PC shuts down randomly.

I have a i7 870 2.93MHz, ASUS P7P55D-E PRO board, G.skill Sniper Memory 8gb 1866 DDR 3 memory, ATI Sapphire 5570 1GB DDR 3 PCI-e video card, Corsair TX750 PSU, Seagate SATA III 6GBs 2TB 7200rpm 64 cache HD, MasCool CPU cooler, Liteon 24x SATA DVDRW, LG 10x Blueray Writer, WIN 7 Ultimate 64, all of these are new. My system is rebooting randomly, does not matter where I am or what I am doing. I have check the memory with memtestx86+ and it is okay 3 times ran. I sent the board cpu memory and hard drive back to where I bought it, it came back nothing wrong. I have tried with 1 stick of memory, then the other, no difference. I checked heating system runs 85F and CPU runs 95F to 125F. I have tried Win XP 32 and 64, I have tried Win 7 Pro, does not make a difference. I have tried another PSU 700w not difference. I have tried another hard drive a 1TB WD black SATA III 6gbs 7200rpm 64cache, and a WD 320GB SATA I, and no difference. It just reboots then black screen and I must use the reset button to boot. The event viewer shows a event 41 which is useless as that can mean anything. ASUS says it is memory, but G-Skill says it is not and the memory is on QVL lists. The reseller who sold the board says it is the operating system, but how can that be as I have tried 4 different systems. Each where clean installs on new partitions. This is going on 6 months and the system is still useless to me. Anyone out there can help with this issue.
5 answers Last reply
More about shuts randomly
  1. set the memory to run at 1333 Mhz
  2. No, it still randomly shuts down at any point at any time.
  3. Outlander_04 said:
    set the memory to run at 1333 Mhz

I did it but it did not make a difference. After it reboots I check event viewer and it says about the shutdown and gives an error kernel 41, which from checking MS site it is a general error just about. You have any other ideas of what might make it work. I am right out of things to try. Like I said in the info everything is brand new. Since then I have changed the CPU fan/heatsink, PSU, hard drive, memory, operating systems, drivers just install on new operating system, have a driver manager install new ones. If you have any ideas, I will try.
    :cry:
  4. Have you tried breadboarding it ?

get the components out of the case . Mb laying on a dry wooden board .
    If you dont have amb/ case speaker then get one .

Rub through the assembly adding a core components first .
    Checking the POST beeps are what you expect .

Start by touching a screwdriver briefly across the pins for the front panel switch

I think you have either a mb or cpu or RAM fault , but intermittent faults are ridiculously hard to diagnose
  5. I did that after I received it back from the store. I started out with just the board, CPU, fan and memory. I even tested the memory with memtest86+ , then even went so far as get some new sticks. The board comes with 4 bootup leds that let you see if there is a problem on the boot and depending on the light it will give you a error. It even has a mem button for overclocking so you can overclock and the system will boot over and over till it gets a sequence that will work. I have not even tried to overclock the CPU or the memory yet has I haven't had it working yet. I do have a speaker on it to hear the boot errors, but the trouble is it gives no beeps. I have a free atx switch for booting the systems this way before I put them in the case. Thanks for the come back. Any other ideas?
    :non:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Memory Systems