vmu's

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

i snagged five vmu's today for $10 (recently bought a few games as
well and will need the space). after going through them, i do have a
few questions, though.

1) the vmu can be used as a memory card without the batteries,
correct?

2) is there a good place to buy the batteries inexpensively?

3) all the @#%$&*) tops are missing. i know they most likely are gone
for good but it there someone, out there, that had the proper sense
and corporate greed to have made/saved/sold the tops to vmu's?

4) though i purchased the sega brand vmu's, there were still a number
of other ones (including 4mb) available. is anyone interested in them?
they were only $2 each and shipping would be minimal i would think.

of course, this also get me thinking: is there a central repository
for wanted items? i only ask because now i'm looking for two sega
sports controller for by dreamcast and i know there are hundreds of
stores out there that i am not able to search. there are also a number
around here that have items available that someone might want. is
there an effective way to exhange the information? ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> i snagged five vmu's today for $10 (recently bought a few games as
> well and will need the space). after going through them, i do have a
> few questions, though.
>
> 1) the vmu can be used as a memory card without the batteries,
> correct?

Indeed you can. I understand you concern here, I asked the same question
when I first got my DC. :)

> 2) is there a good place to buy the batteries inexpensively?

Not really....they are standard batteries that are used in quite a few
things, so the price never seems to go down. Believe it or not, the
cheapest way to get batteries for the VMU, is to buy new VMU's at cheap
prices.

> 3) all the @#%$&*) tops are missing. i know they most likely are gone
> for good but it there someone, out there, that had the proper sense
> and corporate greed to have made/saved/sold the tops to vmu's?

Maybe on ebay...

> 4) though i purchased the sega brand vmu's, there were still a number
> of other ones (including 4mb) available. is anyone interested in them?
> they were only $2 each and shipping would be minimal i would think.

You, yourself should go back and pick up *all* of the Sega brand 4-page
VMU's!!! They are the best thing to get in the long run...

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior