ASUS P8P67-M PRO SATA Configuration

Hi all,

I'm built my own desktop computer this past june running windows 7&8 with no problems until one morning my hard disk became undetectable. I am using an ASUS P8P67-M PRO Motherboard. I have my hard drive connected a WD 5400RPM 500GB connected to a SATA 6.0Gb/s port located away from all the other SATA ports(This is where i connected it when i first built my computer.), but now my HDD does not show up in my BIOS at all. I've done some research and followed instructions to change the mode to IDE/AHCI mode, but no luck, my drive remains undetectable. When i try to install windows, the drive does not show up at first, but when i click refresh, the HDD suddenly appears but I am not able to install windows on it. I get an error. When i change ports to another located in the cluster of SATA ports, my BIOS sees the HDD connected. Can anyone help me get my computer running again. Im desperate!
1 answer Last reply
More about asus p8p67 sata configuration
  1. try system rescue cd to check your drive's health. it might be failing for whatever reason and you might need to get a new one
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards SATA Computer Hard Drives Configuration