Sign in with
Your question

Power problem with Acer Extensa 5235

Last response: in Components
January 20, 2012 6:06:34 PM

Hi all,

I have a little problem with my acer extensa, so the probles is that there is no power in the machine. I check the power jack socket cable and it is in working condition.
I think that probably is from the motherboard, but the question is how to be sure that there is the problem?
I just want to know if there is any way to figure out from where the problem comes? ( And probably how to fixed :)  )
The laptop is Acer Extensa 5235, Windows 7, Intel celeron, little hard drive 80GB, and only one DDR2.
So if anybody can help me please be welcome.

Thank you.
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2012 10:18:21 PM

Hi :) 

Test the charging lead with a VOLTMETER.....

All the best Brett :) 
January 21, 2012 5:28:44 AM

Hi

I did test the charging lead with another laptop and is workng fine. I did test the mother board with the cable connected the power go from the cable to the motherboard but still not working.
Any other suggestions please...

thanks
Related resources
May 10, 2013 12:56:49 PM

It 1 year later but today just fix the same laptop with the same problem....
I disassemble the laptop part by part .. (the dc jack was ok) but laptop dont power ,no light nothing.SO after full dissembly (all cables ,ram hdd memory vent cable and the processor!!!)
everythin should be removed . Then when only the mainboard all naked press and hold the power button for 20 sec -30 .. leave it 2 to 4 minutes .
after that make a test - mainboard +dc jack and vent for cpu (without cpu ram or any cable connected . Then the light should turn on (IF FIRST TIME DONT HAPPEN ANYTHING TEST IT TWICE.) WITH INTERVAL OF 5 MINUTES.
.. and test step by step.. +cpu
==>+ram=>+monitor== Try this and reply...
Im too far away in Bulgaria ,i fix computers for free ,just to help people .
if you have question ask.
S.Lashovski (atb_help@abv.bg)
May 12, 2013 9:12:32 AM

lashovski said:
I disassemble the laptop part by part .. (the dc jack was ok) but laptop dont power ,no light nothing.SO after full dissembly (all cables ,ram hdd memory vent cable and the processor!!!)
everythin should be removed . Then when only the mainboard all naked press and hold the power button for 20 sec -30 .. leave it 2 to 4 minutes .
after that make a test - mainboard +dc jack and vent for cpu (without cpu ram or any cable connected . Then the light should turn on (IF FIRST TIME DONT HAPPEN ANYTHING TEST IT TWICE.) WITH INTERVAL OF 5 MINUTES.

Thanks
May 12, 2013 11:05:50 AM

mimi7 said:
lashovski said:

Thanks

Is the problem fixed ?
!