Need pc build advice. {G/byte mobo and P LED case wire confusion}

lubomir

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi there. decided to grow some and try building my own pc and saving myself a few shekles. But have hit my first bump.

The mobo i have is a gigabyte GA P61-USB3-B3
http://www.manualowl.com/p/Gigabyte/GA-P61-USB3-B3/Manual/113176

I have some of the connectors from the case connected apart from one which is the 'P led' {white/green wire}.

Now the system it came from had a gigabyte mobo in it too. {was an old athlon X2 system of my brothers and he gave me the case to use}

Now the P LED wire on that system went into '+MSG-' socket. But on my new mobo it has '+msg-' {Msg/Power/sleep} AND, a 'PWR LED' socket left available.

Where should i put the P LED wire. Should it be in the '+msg-' or 'PWR LED' socket ?

Just confused as the manual states P LED on both these sockets.

Im thinking i should out it in the '+msg-' {like it was in the old system board, which btw i dont think haa a 'PWR LED' socket} Old board manual here, Section 8 .... http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ma69vm-s2_e.pdf

But then this is a new and more up to date board, and looking at it with noob eyes like myself you would just assume that the P LED goes into the 'PWR LED' socket as that makes most sense. But then i was carefull to take a note of which wire i was pulling from where, and it came from the Msg socket on this old board.

Help !

I have no info on the exact case etc though, all i know it is a Trendsonic one

If i did put them into the wrong place {or any other connector in the wrong socket, can anything real bad happen or will the system just not boot up properly or what ?
Ive taken percaution got myself a wrist strap.

Think thats it .................for now :??:.

Thanks for reading and any help given :)

lubomir

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hey moto thanks m8. Havent powered it up yet :pt1cable: . I wasnt sure about powering it up until everything was in the correct place etc.

But good to know now that its ok to power it up even without it plugged in to anywhere.
However, il put it in the P led socket and see how i get on. Quietly confident ive done ok with the rest of the build....... Famous last words :D

Thanks. :)