Lags on my Phenom X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoes1402

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hi,
i am using a Phenom x6 1090t with an amd 5450 video card,

i bought that good pc from dell earlier and i am fine with movies and web browsing but when it comes to games i get huge lags even if hen i test my games it tells me i can run them at high resolution. Please help me my comp was expensive and i want to play my new games.

Solution
A 5450 is extremely low end and not suitable for gaming.

The Phenom X6 is nice, though.

Basically, you're going to need a gaming GPU and potentially a new power supply.

If you have a budget and can tell use what PSU is in that PC, we can help you pick a good card. $150-200 would get you going for sure.
A 5450 is extremely low end and not suitable for gaming.

The Phenom X6 is nice, though.

Basically, you're going to need a gaming GPU and potentially a new power supply.

If you have a budget and can tell use what PSU is in that PC, we can help you pick a good card. $150-200 would get you going for sure.

Solution
You'll probably have to open your case. Look for something like this:
400W-Computer-power-supply.jpg

Need to know what that sticker says for total Watts and the amperage per 3.3V, 5V, and 12V rails. If you can take a picture and upload it, that would be easy.

echoes1402

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
100-240v, 50-60 hz,
3.3 = 142w
12.0 = 385w
and i have nothing for 5.0

total power= 460 w

is that what you needed?

if so, i would like the cheapest graphic card to run games like skyrim and the new mmo of star wars. What i dont understand is that when i go on canyourunit, it tells me i can easily run both of these games...

anyways, i would like to spend close to a hundred for the card if possible.

btw thx for the advices, very appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.