awsomepcgamer

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
i have a question
i am building my computer right now
and i have a asus p8z77-v mobo
so i just finished connecting everything
and i turned it on nothing would post but fans and everything else is moving
however the memok button has a red light flashing by it so i pressed it nothing happens
so i took out the ram and it was not on the right way so i put it in the right way and push it hard when i hear the click that it is in place
i then tighten it the caps and proceed to turn it on nothing happens no green light no fans spinning no red light flashing just nothing
what did i do wrong and what can i do to make it right
please help

Solution
I had this problem when someone tried a first build a brought it to me to fix. In my case they had plugged a floppy power connector into a fan header LOL needless to say it kilt something not sure what but fans spun but no post ever :( ... I would suggest unplug everything and then set it all up again and try the on board/CPU video first then put in your PEG card and test it.. Also have you tried the video card in another setup yet?

Thent

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Did you connect any require 6/8 pin connectors to the graphics card?

Do you have the monitor plugged into the graphics card? If so try plugging it into the motherboard (or if it's in the motherboard, plug it into the graphics card)

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
The connectors come from the power supply and connect to whatever graphics card you have in the system. If your graphics card doesn't have plugs for these (or you don't have a graphics card) then they are not needed (usually any moderately powerful card will need them).

You can see a picture in step 5 of the list linked by unoriginal1

I had this problem when someone tried a first build a brought it to me to fix. In my case they had plugged a floppy power connector into a fan header LOL needless to say it kilt something not sure what but fans spun but no post ever :( ... I would suggest unplug everything and then set it all up again and try the on board/CPU video first then put in your PEG card and test it.. Also have you tried the video card in another setup yet?

Thent

Solution

awsomepcgamer

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
i have everything working now i am at the setup
do i choose
intel ahci/raid 32 bit driver disk
intel ahci/raid 64 bit driver disk
freeDOS command prompt
those are the three option it giving me right now which one