COSMOS II...it's BIG...It's HERE... PICS

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
sellcars1
[/img]

Well, I found out on Sunday this was being released and had to have it...Pre ordered from Tiger Direct and got it today. Release date was the 23rd and I have it now. I can't wait to take a look at this thing. This BOX is BIG... :bounce:

Link in next message working below...

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

Pics working in link above

stunning looking case

unfortunately its also a stunning price--coming in at about £340 in the uk without postage costs

for that price would have expected a 200mm top exhaust fan as standard not an optional extra--even if you

probably will remove it to fit a rad

be interested to see how that fan controller performs once you have it set up--none of the reviews i read

mention if its any good--the ability to turn fan leds off as well is good--though most fans dont have the seperate

connector for leds--so more money to buy coolermaster fans with the led cable

was sorely tempted by this case but decided to save £200 and get a corsair obsidian 650d and put the £200

saving towards an ati 7950 when they appear at the end of the month hopefully

lets see some photos when its assembled and let us know if the fan controller does what its meant to

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I will be sure to post pics. I was wondering the same thing about the controller, but I thought it was worth the risk. I saw the Maximum PC review and loved it. As soon as I saw they were being released I went in and ordered one. Sent my Silverstone back...

I am just waiting on the final piece of my build, the 3930k...then I need to choose a cooler too, I sent a Phantechs back, not compatible with my board (I knew it would be close, although I probably could have made it work). Although, I am very tempted and should go water cooling with this case obviously. I will probably go that route down the road.

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

Whole idea for me is I would rather spend a bit more to get more upfront and not have to upgrade antime soon. So, as it stands the Case and the Power Supply I selected will last me for a LONG time...I did draw the line at the Temjin TJ10...This thing has enough room that I can go to a water cooling rig down the road.

Plus, when I want to make changes, the size of the case will make it much easier to do so. For me those qualities are worth a bit of extra money. I am willing to pay more for quality and convenience. Besides, I really don't think there are too many cases on the market with those combinations of features that cost significantly less money. But, there are points of diminishing returns for sure.

The question is are you willing to pay a little more for better quality? I am

I don't just use this line of reasoning for computers, this is how I live my Life. To each his own. :)

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hey, thats an awesome case, I just preordered one from amazon, but will probably get in like 6 weeks according to them =/.

My question is this, I have an AX1200 PSU, will I need cable extenders to reach the mobo power plug as well as GPUs, since as the case is quite bigger than mine.
And how many fans do you have to purchase to fill all the fan slots?

Thanks xD

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

It will support up to 10 fans...I have not read any reviews to suggest it will need cable extenders. I have resisted opening mine for now since I don't have my processor yet, otherwise I would give you an approximate measurement based on my components. I will be using a Rampage IV Moboard and Seasonic Platinum 1000 PSU. What board are you running?

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

Just looked up the manual and the accessories that come with the case includes 1 "8 pin power cable extension"...So, you should be good to go either way.

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Nice, I'm using a p8z68 asus deluxe, looking to change it for one with more spacing between vid cards slots.

Thanks for the quick reply.