2 way xfire 7970 plsu OC?

holyrage

Distinguished
ok so im planing to get 2 7970 black edtion double D from xfx they are pre OC to 1ghz and my cpu at 5ghz wich psu should i get xfx 1250W or corsair 1200w expinsive -_-'' or 1200w strider from silverstone or just 850w corsair

G

I got Corsair AX1200 Gold for my 7970 HD (planning to a 2nd one as well) and I would suggest it as a good buy to anyone who wants to run Crossfire/SLI GPUs in a high-end builds.

Some 950-1050W PS would be just enough for your build, but I think it's always better to have some power in reserve just in case. You don't want your PS to be working its ass off at its maximum power to keep your hardware running, it's always better to keep it working under its maximum workload, since efficiency of PS tends to go down and noise level goes up as a workload reaches its maximum.

Beitzel15

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I would be cautious of 1000watts with those cards... you have to think about what else he is running.. how many HDD or SSD, fans, lights, ?

Hi :)

Lol..hes not running anything..its a wind up (troll)..it has to be....

How many 13 year olds have several thousand POUNDS/DOLLARS and how many do you know who have the brains and experience with computers to build a Crossfire system ???

All the best Brett :)

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

First off computers are quite simple now and a ten year old can build one. Also I am glad you personally know holyrage, the financial state of his family and know for a fact that he cannot afford these things. :D
Who is the real troll here?

I own Computer companies in the UK and amongst other things we build Custom built gaming computers....

Financially , possibly he could get the money....

Technically , absolutely no chance AT ALL....

He made 4 spelling mistakes alone in two sentences...you REALLY think he is capable of building the machine much less capable of setting the Bios on a board like that , or even understanding the theories behind those settings?

I will give £100 to charity (Help for Heroes, A soldiers charity here in the UK) if he can prove he could build a machine like that....himself...without help...

We are talking a cutting edge machine here and hes 13 for Gods sake....

Want to guess how many thirteen year olds I employ in my companies ?

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
I had no idea spelling determines how technically capable you are. I really think those two things have nothing in common. Putting together a computer is not that difficult. My 14 year old brother figured it out. I am sure a thirteen year old is capable of building a computer. Please stop acting as though this young man is somehow inferior to you.

setting the Bios on a board like that
-What motherboard? He never even specified which motherboard he was going to use.

hey Brett the sucker,
i share my build with my slder brother.in fact he shares his build with his younger brother that's me.i never say that i personally own a rig but we both build that rig.i play games on that computer but only when my it's not being used by my brother.i never force him to let me play.my dad said he will build me a good rig if i get good grade :D.do some research and you will find that a 13 yrs old kid can do much more than building a computer.
All the best sucker!
computer.

Lol...well that proves my point...about your literacy

If I were your dad (I have 4 kids) I would tell you to forget Computers and try English at school at least until you can write comprehensibly (look it up).

Hey Brett the sucker.READ THIS AS ACE VENTURA SPEAKS-
oh! thank you!for your deep and incredible knowledge.i don't konw how can i ever repay you.oh! God help me to improve and bless Brett.
hehehe lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll
stop this stupid discussion!

9_breaker

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
what if English isn't his first language . im 14 and i built a computer so why cant he . besides why is it anyone's problem here weather hes lying or not .