Computer turns on for a split second

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobe123454

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Hello, when i go to turn on my computer my computer turns on for a split second then turns off. The fans light up everything goes on then just turns of and when i go to click the power button again it wont turn on.. I also ordered a new power supply and plugged everything in and it still does the same thing.. I have been using this computer for 3 months with no problem and it just happened now..

Specs:
Athlon x3 processer
gtx 460
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AM3+
8 gb patriot ram ddr3
750 gb hdd
and this power supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339036

Hello... 1) Any Beep codes for us to help you?... 2) Could be the Bios is not happy with your hardware settings? were you overclocking before? you could reset the bios settings to factory ( minimum boot settings ) 3) Remove all cards except video and just put in 1 or 2 sticks of RAM... and re-boot... ( we are trying to get a video post/display here )... 4) Inspect all your Power cables and connections inside your case to motherbard and video card... Unplug and plug back in...

sobe123454

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
No beep codes, dont know anyhing about bios im new to builds, i was not overclocking, how do i reset the bios to the factory minimum boot setting, i have removed all cards exept the video i put 1 stick of ram in all my power cables and connections are fine i re plugged all of them

rozz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
check the memory -

pull all the ram out. .and turn on the computer.. If you start getting beep codes, means something messed up on your RAM. Start adding sticks one by one turning it on to see if it boots. when you get the first start that stalls the startup, you have found your problem

Good Luck

Hello... CMOS clear pins to jumper. are located in picture on page 5 of yor MB manual... it is between your PCI slot and the left edge of your motherboard... remove your battery and jumper those 2 pins together for a few minutes... instructions page 18 and 19...

Also I see it has on board VIDEO... remove your video card ( assuming you have one ) and plug your monitor into the motherboard connectors... and try rebooting with 1 stick of ram... then try the other one... ( assumming you have 2 sticks ) We are trying to determine if you have a RAM problem or Video card problem... also try 1 stick in either memory slot too!!!... We are trying to get a Video display to boot here...

I have had one Gigabyte board lose it's BIO's... and had to reload/upgrade it... and I have had one Gigabyte board lose it's BIO's... but could not reload/upgrade it... sent it back for free repair but paid shipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.