building a gaming computer.
so here's the basics:
Approximate Purchase Date: this month
Budget Range: about $1500
System Usage: gaming
Parts Preferences: Intel CPU (not AMD), GPU with physX
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: maybe in the future
Additional Comments: small SSD for daily use, second external HD for all other stuff. probably means only one/two games installed simultaneously on SSD, but that's OK
not required: whatever is not on the list

what i was thinking about:
CPU: Intel core i5-2500k
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3
RAM: Kingston Hyper X (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: Asus ENGTX570 1280MB GDDR5
HD1: CT064M4SSD2 CRUCIAL SSD M4 64GB
HD2: Western digital My Passport essential 500GB
PSU: CORSAIR 750W 750TX
CASE: ANTEC THREE HUNDRED

i'd be glad to get your suggestions!
2 answers Last reply
More about build suggestions gaming
  1. I don't think you are ever going to need SLI if you have a single monitor, by the time a GTX 570 can't run games at 1080P it won't be worth getting another. I'd get a cheaper ~550W PSU and an internal storage drive. You could get a slightly cheaper motherboard then too, I'd make these savings towards a 128GB SSD.
  2. Quote:
    I don't think you are ever going to need SLI if you have a single monitor, by the time a GTX 570 can't run games at 1080P it won't be worth getting another. I'd get a cheaper ~550W PSU and an internal storage drive.

i agree. if youre planning to SLI i suggest do it now or never(with dual monitor, of course) OR invest in a better graphics card, which would be a gtx580 or 590. those would for sure give you the "bang for your buck".

and definitely you can save some money on spending on a less power PSU... something like this...
    http://www.eio.com/p-21223-cooler-master-rs550-pcare3-us-extreme-power-550w-atx12v-v23-sli-ready-crossfire-ready-power-supply.aspx

but yeah, like he said, it doesnt have to be an SSD but that extra spare money saving from the PSU can go towards investing into other parts too
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems