Using DVI to HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello everyone

I have just purchased a new monitor (ASUS VH242&222) and have decided to try out HDMI. My video card is a EVGA GTX 460 that has two DVI and a mini hdmi outputs so I bought a DVI to HDMI cable with the DVI going into my video card and the HDMI going into the monitor.

However when I boot my PC I get a message that I have to select the proper boot device: so I went into the BIOS and played around with the boot order of my devices (2 hardrives, the cd/dvd drive and my external sound card that is plugged into a USB port of my tower) but I wasn't able to figure out a way to get it to work.

I've looked around the internet for solutions but all I find is people having issues with TV and PCs and I don't even own a TV...

Anyone know how to get around this? Is it even worth it? Is HDMI really that much better?

Thank you!

Solution
Boot device has nothing to do with HDMI or DVI. It is the media from which your operating system boots - that is, a hard drive, the CD-ROM or something like that. Your problem is related to them, not the screen. Check that you're booting from the correct hard drive.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Boot device has nothing to do with HDMI or DVI. It is the media from which your operating system boots - that is, a hard drive, the CD-ROM or something like that. Your problem is related to them, not the screen. Check that you're booting from the correct hard drive.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.