OpenGL2, Shader 3 Graphic Card for Dual Core 3.4, on intel D945GCL

kalyv

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hi
I am lakshmiraj,

my present PC configuration is intel Dual Core 3.4, on intel D945GCL mother Board, I would like to upgrade my PC, with More RAM and OpenGL2, Shader 3 support Graphic Card- please help me with info relating to the Graphic cards that suits to my present Mother Board and Processor, well Iam a graphic artist by profession, my work demands 3DSMax and Maya Rendering, and be able to work simultaneously on Photoshop-Texturing, compositing in Nuke and eyeon Fusion.

kalyv

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

Hi, thanks for your Response.

PSU details I got from the label were:

Frontech : AC input 115v 230v ~ 6A/3A, 50/60Hz
Model : ATX P4 power supply JIL-2410 (with 20+4 pin)
DC Output : 400W 40A 17A 28A 2A 0.3A .8A 220W max
and another thing is I have a budget for Graphic Card, the least the better , but I personally feel a card from nvidia would be would the 1st preference

thanks in advance
lakshmiraj

OpenGL 2.0 Shader 3 cards started out with the old GeForce 7xxx series as far back as 2005.
So bascially, anything in a later series would support OpenGL 2.0 Shader 3 and much higher specs.
Some of the more recent Geforce cards like a GeForce GT 520 has support for Open GL 4.1 (shader support above Shader 4.0 and for higher level shader languages)

Any PCI-e graphics card that does not require additional power with a PCI-e power adapter would be suitable for your motherboard and power supply.
You can probably get a good price on something in the Geforce 4xx or 5xx family.