Sign in with
Your question

OpenGL2, Shader 3 Graphic Card for Dual Core 3.4, on intel D945GCL

Last response: in CPUs
January 21, 2012 5:11:12 AM

Hi
I am lakshmiraj,

my present PC configuration is intel Dual Core 3.4, on intel D945GCL mother Board, I would like to upgrade my PC, with More RAM and OpenGL2, Shader 3 support Graphic Card- please help me with info relating to the Graphic cards that suits to my present Mother Board and Processor, well Iam a graphic artist by profession, my work demands 3DSMax and Maya Rendering, and be able to work simultaneously on Photoshop-Texturing, compositing in Nuke and eyeon Fusion.
a c 203 à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
a b å Intel
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2012 6:14:38 AM

Hello kalyv;

Do you have a budget for your video card upgrade?
What PSU do you have installed in your system? The PSU much have enough power to support the new video card.
m
l
January 23, 2012 4:53:08 AM

WR2 said:
Hello kalyv;

Do you have a budget for your video card upgrade?
What PSU do you have installed in your system? The PSU much have enough power to support the new video card.

Hi, thanks for your Response.

PSU details I got from the label were:

Frontech : AC input 115v 230v ~ 6A/3A, 50/60Hz
Model : ATX P4 power supply JIL-2410 (with 20+4 pin)
DC Output : 400W 40A 17A 28A 2A 0.3A .8A 220W max
and another thing is I have a budget for Graphic Card, the least the better , but I personally feel a card from nvidia would be would the 1st preference

thanks in advance
lakshmiraj
m
l
a c 203 à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
a b å Intel
a b V Motherboard
January 23, 2012 9:24:16 AM

OpenGL 2.0 Shader 3 cards started out with the old GeForce 7xxx series as far back as 2005.
So bascially, anything in a later series would support OpenGL 2.0 Shader 3 and much higher specs.
Some of the more recent Geforce cards like a GeForce GT 520 has support for Open GL 4.1 (shader support above Shader 4.0 and for higher level shader languages)

Any PCI-e graphics card that does not require additional power with a PCI-e power adapter would be suitable for your motherboard and power supply.
You can probably get a good price on something in the Geforce 4xx or 5xx family.
m
l
Related resources
!