CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA + BULLDOZER + GEIL ENHANCE CORSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielmunhato

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
HI, good morning,
I want to know :
1) the mobo CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA supports 8 core bulldozer cpus( 8120 or 8150)? and what about the new FX 8350? 2) this mobo is compatible with the 8 GB MODULES GEIL VALUE PLUS 1600mhz or the GEIL ENHANCE CORSA 1600mhz?
3) i´ve heard that this mobo supports bulldozer with just a bios update. i need to update the bios with the old processor installed and later switch or it has to be made with the bulldozer processor installed? could it have a bad consequence to the overall system, like instability with a component or lack of bios options?
4) my BIOS is 2002, do i have to update to all the bios newer than mine or just the last one (3029)?

sorry about the questions, but i´ve searched the internet and have not found a conclusive answer.

Please forgive my english, i am Brazilian.

Solution
It's for the 3017 version, which is a test one. Update to the latest (3029). And yes, set the BIOS to default, update it from BIOS, make sure that the system works OK after the update, power off the system, including the power supply and install the FX.

danielmunhato

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

SO, i use my phenom II installed to update the last bios; right after the reboot update i turn off the pc and install the fx bulldozer processor and turn on the pc? is that the path i must follow?
sorry about my stupid questions, but i´ve read in the bios references that must not be used with AM3 processors. that´s my i´m asking this.

It's for the 3017 version, which is a test one. Update to the latest (3029). And yes, set the BIOS to default, update it from BIOS, make sure that the system works OK after the update, power off the system, including the power supply and install the FX.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.