Please asistance with settings

crls_morales

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Hello,
If someone can help me? I just built my first computer> i7 2600k unleashed,Asus p8 z68 v pro,16GB memory, SSD 60 GB, HDD 2 TB Green,watercooling h60,PSU 800wts. My questions are having trouble with a game that I dowload goes to C location wich is SSD and is full. I already change location for videos but I could't with this. Also how I'm supossed to use Marvell settings. Do I have to enable AHCI or IDE. And how I can make sure I'm doing right with SSD just for operating system and the rest for the HDD?

Thanks!

What do you mean changed location for Videos? Ingame Videos? You can't be serious.
Change the Setup.ini file in the game install section to D drive or whatever partition you want it to be on.
Do you have to enable the Marvell settings?
In what?
AHCI would have been a better option to have been selected when you installed the OS, doing it now you'll have to go and change the registry. Are you upto that?

If you want to get the whole thing right.... I'd suggest go for a fresh install of the OS.
Make the HDD Partion on the 2TB drive as a default for all the program things , ie, downloads, music, videos, etc etc.
After you install all the programs that you use daily, not games..... but the other stuff like PS, Adobe stuff, winrar, winzip, IE 10/9/8 which ever, Firefox, etc. All updates done. Make a Image of that drive on the 2TB partition for safekeeping.

Then go and install the game that you downloaded.
Which game is that by the way.

crls_morales

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
I really aprecciate your time. That partition with the HDD I don't know how, because remember that I still have the SSD. The way that I did it was with the SSD for the OS without plug the HDD. I have a question for you, the SSD is possible to delete the info that is already there?

The game by the way is Just cause 2.

Thanks!

Yes, you can always delete the information that is there on the SSD, it's not permanent, to the average user it is not permanent but it is recoverable in terms of forensics if you meant it that way.

Now you have the OS on your SSD and the HDD is still in it's old partitioned and programs installed form...
All you need to do is plug in the HDD before the rig is turned on, get into the BIOS, let the SSD be the primary and only boot device if you don't need it to keep booting from different things.
Get into windows, let it recognize and install the HDD, reboot.
You'll see all your data there, if there is a conflict in the drive letters, all you need to do is go to the Disc Management Console and change the Drive letters of the HDD partitions, leaving the SSD as C.
If you have already installed JC2 on the SSD good, don't use that Program to get the game started , just browse to the HDD where you have JC2 installed earlier and on the Program icon right click and create a shortcut to your Desktop.
Click on that and it'll start the program from the HDD and you're back, since the registry already shows the game is installed, it'll not have a problem working.... hopefully. I have done this with a lot of games before when my HDDs crapped out on me, so this ought to work.....