program startup problem

Greetings:

I've been having a problem with some programs that automatically startup
when XP starts. A folder opens up on my desktop instead of the program
executing.

Based on info I found from Doug and Kelly I determined that this was due to
the filename/foldername in the RUN entry not being enclosed in quotes. In
all cases the names have spaces in them. Adding quotes solved my problem.

But this begs the question. Should my system have automatically added the
quotes to the RUN entry in the first place when I installed the application?
Or should the application installer have done this? The author of one of
the programs told me that my system should be doing this not his installer
(?).

Since this problem is fairly recent I am assuming that something on my
system is broke. I never had to manually add quotes to these kinds of
entries before.

If things are indeed broke, how can I fix it?

kelly

Three strikes you are out.

You were already answered.

--