Your question

Motherboard

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Packard Bell
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 21, 2012 6:21:50 AM

Hello, i have an old packard bell pc ( about 7 years old) the motherboard is asus p5s800-vm . i would like to upgrade the motherboard but unsure which ones are compatable ?

More about : motherboard

November 21, 2012 9:03:11 AM

Well, if you are upgrading your motherboard the only thing you have to really worry about is form factor. Since you want it to fit in the same case (assuming). I checked it out from the ASUS website and saw that it was a uATX which is a mirco ATX. There a tons of motherboards that could fit, it would just depend on your budget, and if you want to use some of the same parts.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5S80...

Here is a link to your motherboard that I found on ASUS's website. Hopefully this will help you, and anyone else who could answer this question. :bounce: 

November 21, 2012 9:24:57 AM

You will have to get a motherboard that has your CPU socket if you dont plan on upgrading the CPU aswell. That's very important.
Related resources
November 21, 2012 9:56:56 AM

peacefulduck said:
Well, if you are upgrading your motherboard the only thing you have to really worry about is form factor. Since you want it to fit in the same case (assuming). I checked it out from the ASUS website and saw that it was a uATX which is a mirco ATX. There a tons of motherboards that could fit, it would just depend on your budget, and if you want to use some of the same parts.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5S80...

Here is a link to your motherboard that I found on ASUS's website. Hopefully this will help you, and anyone else who could answer this question. :bounce: 

thanks very much for reply.
November 21, 2012 9:59:09 AM

rene13cross said:
You will have to get a motherboard that has your CPU socket if you dont plan on upgrading the CPU aswell. That's very important.

thanks for reply.
November 21, 2012 10:02:58 AM

paw390 said:
thanks very much for reply.

No problem! If you anymore questions on comparability let me know. :D 
!