Motherboard

Hello, i have an old packard bell pc ( about 7 years old) the motherboard is asus p5s800-vm . i would like to upgrade the motherboard but unsure which ones are compatable ?
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard
  1. Well, if you are upgrading your motherboard the only thing you have to really worry about is form factor. Since you want it to fit in the same case (assuming). I checked it out from the ASUS website and saw that it was a uATX which is a mirco ATX. There a tons of motherboards that could fit, it would just depend on your budget, and if you want to use some of the same parts.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5S800VM/#specifications

Here is a link to your motherboard that I found on ASUS's website. Hopefully this will help you, and anyone else who could answer this question. :bounce:
  2. You will have to get a motherboard that has your CPU socket if you dont plan on upgrading the CPU aswell. That's very important.
  3. peacefulduck said:
    Well, if you are upgrading your motherboard the only thing you have to really worry about is form factor. Since you want it to fit in the same case (assuming). I checked it out from the ASUS website and saw that it was a uATX which is a mirco ATX. There a tons of motherboards that could fit, it would just depend on your budget, and if you want to use some of the same parts.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5S800VM/#specifications

Here is a link to your motherboard that I found on ASUS's website. Hopefully this will help you, and anyone else who could answer this question. :bounce:

thanks very much for reply.
  4. rene13cross said:
    You will have to get a motherboard that has your CPU socket if you dont plan on upgrading the CPU aswell. That's very important.

thanks for reply.
  5. paw390 said:
    thanks very much for reply.

No problem! If you anymore questions on comparability let me know. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Packard Bell Motherboards