Problems with initial setup of p8z77-v lk. need help!

kylemm

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hey guys, kinda at a loss right now. Just finished my first build and have been struggling for hours trying to download windows. My brother has a copy of windows xp I'm trying to install so after I do I will immediately be downloading the upgrade version of windows 8. way cheaper than full version. The Asus bios boots up just fine and I have full control over the the components. Except initially it could not find my HDD and it took about a hour to magically have it appear and still cannot find my ssd which are both plugged into sata 3 slots. The bluray drive has worked fine and is plugged into a sata 2.
When I try to install windows xp it goes through the initial downloading until it gets to "downloading windows" and then just goes to a blue screen that says " a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" and then gives some pointless solutions to resolve the issues.

I'm kinda at a loss of what to do. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thank you guys

Motherboard: p8z77-v lk
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Hdd : WD black 1tb
Ssd: Kingston hyper x 120gb
Bluray: lg