BG1 Tutu: Brage quest reward - bug?

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can't find any reference to this, but apols if it's been mentioned
before: I've just returned Brage to the temple in Nashkel, and I only
got 1000gp. All the FAQs and guides say you're supposed to get 1000gp,
1000xp, +1 rep and Brage's sword. What gives? Is this a Tutu bug? Did I
do something wrong? My char has 21 CHA (base 18 + tome + cloak) so it's
not that. Entire party is LG (with NG Thief) and rep is 20.
Any comments welcome,

CC

"magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can't find any reference to this, but apols if it's been mentioned
> before: I've just returned Brage to the temple in Nashkel, and I only
> got 1000gp. All the FAQs and guides say you're supposed to get 1000gp,
> 1000xp, +1 rep and Brage's sword. What gives? Is this a Tutu bug? Did
> do something wrong? My char has 21 CHA (base 18 + tome + cloak) so
it's
> not that. Entire party is LG (with NG Thief) and rep is 20.
> Any comments welcome,

If your rep is 20, you can't gain any more rep.

If your characters' inventories are full, then *something* will be
dropped on the ground. It may or may not be Brage's Sword (which is an
unidentified magic item when you first find it.)

Jonathan.

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Martin Wächtler wrote:
> magnate schrieb:

> > Can't find any reference to this, but apols if it's been mentioned
> > before: I've just returned Brage to the temple in Nashkel, and I
only
> > got 1000gp. All the FAQs and guides say you're supposed to get
1000gp,
> > 1000xp, +1 rep and Brage's sword. What gives? Is this a Tutu bug?
Did I
> > do something wrong? My char has 21 CHA (base 18 + tome + cloak) so
it's
> > not that. Entire party is LG (with NG Thief) and rep is 20.
> > Any comments welcome,

> Rep of 20 cannot be increased further. And Brage will give you the
sword
> after talking to him _before_ you return to the temple.

You're right that 20 rep cannot be further increased, but all the other
reputation-enhancing quest rewards still say "Party has increased
reputation: 1", even though it has no effect.

He definitely does not give me the sword. I answer the riddle, he says
one more speech, then I click End Dialogue and it loads the cutscene in
the temple, then he talks to the priest and then the priest talks to me
and gives me the reward. At no point during any of that does it say
"Party has gained an item" or "an item has been dropped on the ground"
(and I have loads of inv space anyway).

Besides, even if you and Jonathan were both right and your replies
explained about the rep and the sword, that still leaves the 1000xp
which I'm supposed to get.

No, I think something is wrong here, I just can't work out what it is.
Do I only get the xp if I kill his sister?

CC

magnate schrieb:
> Can't find any reference to this, but apols if it's been mentioned
> before: I've just returned Brage to the temple in Nashkel, and I only
> got 1000gp. All the FAQs and guides say you're supposed to get 1000gp,
> 1000xp, +1 rep and Brage's sword. What gives? Is this a Tutu bug? Did I
> do something wrong? My char has 21 CHA (base 18 + tome + cloak) so it's
> not that. Entire party is LG (with NG Thief) and rep is 20.
> Any comments welcome,

Rep of 20 cannot be increased further. And Brage will give you the sword
after talking to him _before_ you return to the temple.
Martin

ME

> -snip-
> Besides, even if you and Jonathan were both right and your
> replies explained about the rep and the sword, that still
> leaves the 1000xp which I'm supposed to get.
>
> No, I think something is wrong here, I just can't work out
> what it is. Do I only get the xp if I kill his sister?

Not in "plain" BG -- we've never killed anyone, always got the
XPs.

Replies to: Nherr1professor2doktor31109(at)Oyahoo(dot)Tcom

magnate schrieb:

[...]

> He definitely does not give me the sword. I answer the riddle, he says
> one more speech, then I click End Dialogue and it loads the cutscene in
> the temple, then he talks to the priest and then the priest talks to me
> and gives me the reward. At no point during any of that does it say
> "Party has gained an item" or "an item has been dropped on the ground"
> (and I have loads of inv space anyway).
>
> Besides, even if you and Jonathan were both right and your replies
> explained about the rep and the sword, that still leaves the 1000xp
> which I'm supposed to get.

Right, probably there is something wrong. But I'm just about to finish
tutu and haven't encountered such probs. The Brage quest worked fine for
me. Wouldn't use the sword anyway as it is cursed. Therefor you'd better
just continue adventuring. There is a lot more to be discovered.

> No, I think something is wrong here, I just can't work out what it is.
> Do I only get the xp if I kill his sister?

Absolutely not. Didn't kill her (good party) and still got the XP.

Martin