Tnt2 drivers

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello to Tom's Hardware...

I know, that the TNT2 is able (HARDWARE LEVEL) to support Windows 7 but, for buisiness reason, there are no Windows 7 drivers to support the full Windows 7 features. (In Windows 7 RC1 there was the build in TNT2 drivers).
How i can extract this Drivers from RC1 to use it in Windows 7 final? or if i can have a new driver (maybe beta) to support full feature Windows 7

Sincerely

Thilo Ebers

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011

Hello... max? (nforce4max)

thank you for your reply, no, my TNT2 is AGP with 32Mb ram. I know, that this Graphic card is old, but "old don't mean garbage (trash)... This graphic card works exelent and "I am angry, not because of the $ 40 who cost a new graphics card, but of principle, because NVIDIA is forcing me to do, by providing no driver available for this one (TNT2) and this is an fuc... buisiness.

This Graphic card increases his power, dependent of "Processor Power" an my machine is an ASUS P4ge-v with 3Gb of RAM (3x1Gb ds/ss/ss) and an Intel Pentium 4 (478) Extrem Edition and Promise sata300 tx4, 4ports SATA Controller (this machine is an exelent machine and faster then some new one)

The buildin driver (standard VGA) is garbage and the latest Nvidia XP driver (7.1.8.4) in Windows 7 is no full feature (no aero glass an no winmine or freecell)

The question is, who / where can I find a driver who supports all the options from Windows 7, or extracting the beta driver who is inside the RC1 release from Windows 7... but i am not able to do that...

Some hint?

Sincerely

Thilo Ebers

Just try to find a 6200agp or a cheap 6600gt and you will have no need to go back. They can be found for the same price as airline peanuts and easy to come by on the second hand market. They also have modern up to date driver support in win7 and are plug and play so no cables either.

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello nforce4max

Thank you, for your reply. Your answer is ok, but not, how I would have liked.
I am of the opinion that Nvidia uses its monopoly position in order to earn more money (not ethically). Nvidia programmed no new drivers for old graphics cards in order to force the owners of old graphics card to buy new graphics cards. :non:

:bounce: Trillion business. :bounce:

In my case, could the old grahics card still work for few years more, if Nvidia would make the drivers available, but no, all owners of old graphics cards are forced by Nvidia to throwing their old graphics card in the trash and spend at least $ 40, to buy a new graphics card.

:eek: ($ 40 ... are not so much). :eek:

And ... Nvidia steals a lot of money, all says, $ 40 ... is not much money and buy a new graphics card because the new graphics card is...
better... :kaola:
faster... :kaola:
and... there are Windows 7 drivers... :kaola:

Nobody think about the fact, that the old graphics card would have worked out fine if Nvidia would have offered their services to provide new drivers for the old graphics card available ...

AND NVIDIA... ... NO OPINION ... and no answer... and still rotate the crank from the Cash register, to earn more more more money...

Thank you again, Nforce4max for your replay an i hope, that Nvidia change here politics and provide the missing drivers :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Sincerely

Thilo Ebers

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello robjordy, thanks for your reply.

Yes, the latest driver (Windows XP) for the Riva TNT2 is V7.2.8.4 (72.14_winxpmce_international_whql) and it is not full feature Windows 7 compatible.

Nobody think about the fact, that the old graphics card would have worked out fine if Nvidia would have offered their services to provide new drivers for the old graphics card available ...

Thank you again, robjordy for your replay an i hope, that Nvidia change here politics and provide the missing drivers... :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Sincerely

Thilo Ebers

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011

Hello Jaydeejohn, thank you for your reply. Your first link is for UNIX platform :wahoo: and your second link is the 7.2.1.4 WHQL driver that i actualy use :sweat: ... but this this driver is not full feature Windows 7 compatible. Winmine and Freecell will not start/execute at all, no error message, no nothing, simply... no start/execute... :sweat:

Second, there is no Aeroglass (transparency) and in your second link, there is a certain Peter who says: "Thank you guys, works perfectly for Windows 7 even without manual installation." an certain Antonio who says: "Thank you, very, very, very much!!!!! Perfect with Win7!".

I do not know if this Peter (or Antonio) knows what he saying and i think that this two have never played Winmine and Freecell because this driver don't work perfectly :non:

So, thank you again, Jaydeejohn for your replay an i hope, that Nvidia change here politics and provide the missing drivers... :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Sincerely

Thilo

Thilo Ebers

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Sorry for my mistake, the lates driver is not 7.1.8.4 and not 7.2.8.4 as I said and is not 7.1.8.6 as NVIDIA claims but the latest RIVA TNT2 Windows XP driver is "7.2.1.4 WHQL" from this (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_72.14.html) Nvidia Homepage and it is not full Windows 7 compatible...

Thank you very much for your posts

Sincerely

Thilo Ebers

Reaccion

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Great! I just tried this driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_72.14.html) and it works perfectly on Windows 7 32bit! Thanks!