Are there any PSU's that fit into the Antec Sonata case besides stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I want to upgrade the components inside my Sonata case, including a new power supply. I want to put in at least a 500W one, it doesnt matter what type, just one that has enough power for a heavy-duty graphics card and AMD CPU.

Solution

That power supply will have no problem fitting into your Sonata.
The sonata is packing a standard Antec Earthwatts PSU, most standard sized PSUs will fit in that case. The CPX series from antec will not(different sized back plate), and longer units like the Corsair HX 1000 might not, but the vast majority of units will.

G

I was thinking of installing a GeForce GTX 560, but perhaps something a little less expensive might go a long way. Do you have any ideas as to which GPU might work for me. I play games like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Modern Warfare. By the Way, I would also be installing a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard, plus an AMD FX 6100 Processor.

That power supply will have no problem fitting into your Sonata.

Solution
G

Thanks now I have one more question. If I install a GPU that needs a connector directly from the PSU, what kind is it. Is it just a standard molex, or an SATA, or what? I just want to make sure the PSU will have that type of connection

6-pin or (6+2)-pin PCI-Express (a.k.a. PCI-E or PCIe) Connector(s)

GTX560 or GTX560Ti will be a good match to the hardware selection. The Corsair TX650v2 is a quality unit and good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.