Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Are there any PSU's that fit into the Antec Sonata case besides stock?

Last response: in Components
Share
Anonymous
January 21, 2012 3:15:33 PM

I want to upgrade the components inside my Sonata case, including a new power supply. I want to put in at least a 500W one, it doesnt matter what type, just one that has enough power for a heavy-duty graphics card and AMD CPU.
a c 697 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 3:17:37 PM

Which GPU and CPU? The Sonata will accept a std PSU.
Score
0
a c 276 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 3:42:24 PM

The sonata is packing a standard Antec Earthwatts PSU, most standard sized PSUs will fit in that case. The CPX series from antec will not(different sized back plate), and longer units like the Corsair HX 1000 might not, but the vast majority of units will.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 1173 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 4:11:25 PM

There are some that use a Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 in their Sonata. That PSU is 200mm in length, just like the Corsair HX1000W is.
Score
0
Anonymous
January 21, 2012 4:41:52 PM

rolli59 said:
Which GPU and CPU? The Sonata will accept a std PSU.

I was thinking of installing a GeForce GTX 560, but perhaps something a little less expensive might go a long way. Do you have any ideas as to which GPU might work for me. I play games like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Modern Warfare. By the Way, I would also be installing a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard, plus an AMD FX 6100 Processor.
Score
0
Anonymous
January 21, 2012 4:44:32 PM

ko888 said:
There are some that use a Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 in their Sonata. That PSU is 200mm in length, just like the Corsair HX1000W is.

Would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Comp...
Score
0

Best solution

a c 1173 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 4:47:36 PM

Anonymous said:
Would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Comp...

That power supply will have no problem fitting into your Sonata.
Share
Anonymous
January 21, 2012 4:50:26 PM

ko888 said:
That power supply will have no problem fitting into your Sonata.

Thanks now I have one more question. If I install a GPU that needs a connector directly from the PSU, what kind is it. Is it just a standard molex, or an SATA, or what? I just want to make sure the PSU will have that type of connection
Score
0
a c 1173 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 4:59:18 PM

Anonymous said:
Thanks now I have one more question. If I install a GPU that needs a connector directly from the PSU, what kind is it. Is it just a standard molex, or an SATA, or what? I just want to make sure the PSU will have that type of connection

6-pin or (6+2)-pin PCI-Express (a.k.a. PCI-E or PCIe) Connector(s)
Score
0
a c 136 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 5:04:01 PM

At 650 watts Id suggest the XFX Core Edition 650 which can be had for about $60-65....it gets the same 9.5 jommyguru performance rating as the Corsair TX750 V2 but historically substantially less expensive....right now they only about $5 apart.
Score
0
a c 697 ) Power supply
January 21, 2012 5:13:36 PM

Anonymous said:
I was thinking of installing a GeForce GTX 560, but perhaps something a little less expensive might go a long way. Do you have any ideas as to which GPU might work for me. I play games like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Modern Warfare. By the Way, I would also be installing a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard, plus an AMD FX 6100 Processor.

GTX560 or GTX560Ti will be a good match to the hardware selection. The Corsair TX650v2 is a quality unit and good choice.
Score
0
Anonymous
January 21, 2012 9:08:52 PM

Best answer selected by greendayxx66.
Score
0
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 6:11:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!