Sign in with
Your question

ASRock z77 extreme4 no video on Display port

Last response: in Motherboards
November 21, 2012 1:55:36 PM

Hello all, this is an new build, I originally had a problem with no video through my GTX 560ti, I chocked this up to the fact the driver weren't installed, since I didn't even have an OP system installed. I next tried the display port on the MB but still no video. I looked it up and saw a lot of threads talking about no boot and an A6 message through DR. debug, which I was getting. Finally I tried the VGA port and got video and POST screen. I've since upgraded the BIOS and installed Windows 8. I installed all the drivers that came with the cd including the onboard VGA driver. Yet I still have no video from my Display port. Although my monitor turns on and has a grayish screen so it is definitely getting a signal, and windows recognizes it. Please help!

My Specs:
Intel 3570K 3.4ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
4x 2gb HP DDR3 memory
GTX 560ti Twin Fozar II OC/2GB (not plugged in)
a c 557 V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 2:10:02 PM

Hi, are you using DP to DP, or an adapter. And if adapter, is it an active one?
November 21, 2012 2:18:51 PM

No I'm not using an adapter. My VGA is hooked directly into my HP 1702 monitor and my DVI is hooked directly into my HP x2301 monitor. The x2301 is on and looks like it is getting a signal to it, just no display :(  .
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 2:28:49 PM

I think you need to have a dedicated gpu to run more than one monitor.
a c 557 V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 2:55:03 PM

From the manual

If you have already installed the onboard VGA driver from our support CD to your system, you can freely enjoy the benefits of dual monitor function after your system boots. If you haven’t installed the onboard VGA driver yet, please install the onboard VGA driver from our support CD to your system and restart your
computer.

Dual Monitor Feature
This motherboard supports dual monitor feature. With the internal VGA output support (DVI-D, D-Sub and HDMI), you can easily enjoy the benefits of dual monitor feature without installing any add-on VGA cards to this motherboard. This motherboard also provides independent display controllers for DVI-D, D-Sub and HDMI to support dual VGA output so that DVI-D, D-sub and HDMI can drive same or different display contents.
To enable dual monitor feature, please follow the steps below:
1. Connect a DVI-D monitor cable to the DVI-D port on the I/O panel, connect a D-Sub monitor cable to the D-Sub port on the I/O panel and connect a HDMI monitor cable to the HDMI port on the I/O panel.

D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI monitors cannot be enabled at the same time.
You can only choose the combination: DVI-D + HDMI, DVI-D + D-Sub, or HDMI + D-Sub.

Have you installed the VGA driver?
November 21, 2012 4:57:47 PM

Yes I have. Intel's graphic utility recognizes the monitor and even thinks it is enabled. My monitor acts like its getting a signal and everything.
November 21, 2012 4:59:56 PM

Wow ok, I just unplugged my monitor and plugged it back in and now it works. SMH I can't believe that's all it was this entire time.
November 21, 2012 5:30:36 PM

I am now having a problem installing my graphics card, I am getting a "IRQL is less than or equal" message when Windows 8 loads, it then proceeds to restart my computer.
a c 557 V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 5:42:44 PM

Try setting in BIOS the graphics priority to PCIe.
May 17, 2013 9:28:45 AM

After muitple attempts to get video to show with the Extreme4 770, You may have a compatibility issue with the CPU. The mobo bio may be outdated with more recent CPU such as: Alot of the new FX series. To fix this you can hard boot the system mutiple times. (powering on and off about 5 time for me) then you will force the system to recognize your video output. Then update driver and d/l the most recent bio from Asrock.com. Also you will want to load defaults from the bios and possibly reset CMOS. That is how i got mine to work and it I have had no problem since them. I say all this after 5 days of trying to diagnosing problems with the HW. Also this is a solution after all basic diag have been complete such as loose memory, GPU, and all secure connections.

THANKS, Hope this helps someone.
!