Help Choosing New Mobo

Hello All,

I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice on choosing a new motherboard. I am looking for the cheapest option that would offer both USB 3.0 and a SATAIII interface. I am using an Intel i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz.

My current mobo is a Gigabyte H57M-USB3, which only supports SATAII.

My plan is to also purchase an SSD with the new mobo.

Any advice on a well reviewed motherboard that fits these specifications?

thanks guys :)
4 answers Last reply
More about help choosing mobo
  1. Your best option is something like this because of your 1156 socket CPU. Silverstone PCI-E to SATA Add-On Card Model SST-EC05
  2. I would also get cards to add those to your current motherboard as there really are no longer 1156 boards for sale that I recommend. Otherwise, you need a new motherboard/cpu combo. I recommend Samsung 840Pro SSDs or Crucials M4s.
  3. I've seen no 1st generation Motherboards for sale let alone one being sold that supports SATA3 and USB3.0. The new models are supporting Generation 3 the Ivy bridge on the 1155. So you have 2 options upgrade the motherboard and CPU or use an add-on card like Knightdog56 recommends. Of course the performance of add-on card depends on the quality of the card it may or may not be as good as a motherboard that comes with those features natively, but if you have to have them its the least expensive way to do it.
  4. Arg. Thanks guys. I'm not even sure this is a good solution because I only have one x16 PCIe slot and its occupied...

I guess that just leaves a new cpu/mobo combo?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards USB3