PhysX or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRfromWBC

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Planning a new build, money is burning a hole in my pocket.
I am hoping to run 3d and what not, so that will make this a 2-part question.
Drumroll, please...
1. Will this TV work as a 3d monitor?
2. Do I need/want a PhysX card with paired 580 gtx cards?
Thanks much for any constructive responses.

Solution
1) If you want to game at 1080p in 3D, you must find a monitor that has a dual link DVI connection. This TV doesn't, and just about all if not all 3D TV's lack this. It should still work for 3D movies.

2) If you are getting a pair of 580's, I'd forget about a dedicated card. There are few cases where a game even has a benefit GPU accelerated PhysX and in most those cases you won't likely notice much of a difference. You'll also end up blocking the air input fan making one of your cards to run hot, if not both. It's not worth it.
1) If you want to game at 1080p in 3D, you must find a monitor that has a dual link DVI connection. This TV doesn't, and just about all if not all 3D TV's lack this. It should still work for 3D movies.

2) If you are getting a pair of 580's, I'd forget about a dedicated card. There are few cases where a game even has a benefit GPU accelerated PhysX and in most those cases you won't likely notice much of a difference. You'll also end up blocking the air input fan making one of your cards to run hot, if not both. It's not worth it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.