component cable ???

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

does any1 know is these exist for our beloved DC ?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"D_r_B_u_k_k_a_k_e" wrote in message

> does any1 know is these exist for our beloved DC ?

Unfortunetly, I don't believe there is, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I
looked for such an animal a while back, but was unsuccessful. Didn't even
find much in the way of kludging one together from googles. The only thing
I found was mention of using a VGA-Component converter, which several people
were saying that they were doing to get component in from the DC to an HDTV.
These animals are quite expensive ($100) though.

Might have some luck digging through the obscure third-party Japanese
market. Might've been a component cable that came out over there for the
DC. I bought a VGA box for the DC a while back from Lik-Sang, but don't
recall them having any component cables for the DC.

If you come across something, post back here. I'm using S-video, which is
pretty good, but I'd also love to see how well the DC shines at 480p on a
HDTV -- without spending $100 for the above mentioned converter. The DC is
remarkable on a monitor through a VGA box.

Cheers,
-Eric