how do I make the desktop icons/letters/everything in a sm..

I want to make the icons "smaller" so I can see all my icons on the desktop. How do I adjust the screen properties in Windows XP Professional??

1. You should not have that many icons on the desktop unless you really need
them. Delete any icon you do not use.
2. Use a desktop manager to organize icons in appropriate work-spaces - use
multiple desktops, that is.
3. To minimize icons:
a. use the highest resolution your hardware supports
(Desktop/Properties/DisplayProperties/Settings/ScreenResolution: Slide the
cursor all the way to the right, and ColorQuality: Highest.
b. Desktop/Properties/DisplayProperties/Appearance/Effects.../uncheck
UseLargeIcons
Michael