how do I make the desktop icons/letters/everything in a sm..

August 2, 2004 7:55:15 PM

I want to make the icons "smaller" so I can see all my icons on the desktop. How do I adjust the screen properties in Windows XP Professional??
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:20:16 PM

1. You should not have that many icons on the desktop unless you really need
them. Delete any icon you do not use.
2. Use a desktop manager to organize icons in appropriate work-spaces - use
multiple desktops, that is.
3. To minimize icons:
a. use the highest resolution your hardware supports
(Desktop/Properties/DisplayProperties/Settings/ScreenResolution: Slide the
cursor all the way to the right, and ColorQuality: Highest.
b. Desktop/Properties/DisplayProperties/Appearance/Effects.../uncheck
UseLargeIcons
Michael