Ati radeon hd 5450 1gb ddr3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin_9999

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hi,

I just bought a ATI Radeon hd 5450 graphics card and successfully installed onto my computer, MB - core2 duo, OS - Vista. Diaplay and software all installed propely.

However, there is no sound from the speakers. I checked the control panel - sound. It shows 'Digital Output Device (HDMI), high definition audio device, working'. When I click the cinfiguration and do a test, there is no sound at all. I removed it and put back the old sound card (navida - 256MB) and it works (got sound). Once I put back the ATI Radeon card - no sound.

I alos tried removed the 'Digital Output Device (HDMI), high definition audio device' and the indication is no sound card installed. Once I restart my computer, it was auto installed the 'Digital Output Device (HDMI), high definition audio device'. But still no sound.

Can help? Thanks.

Regards
Kelvin

You should have two separate sound devices on your computer. The audio built into the motherboard and the HDMI sound output from the video card. The HDMI audio will only ever work to power the speakers on a display you have connected to your video card through the HDMI cable. Your system likely has the HDMI output as the default. You can change it in the sound section of the control panel. If that is the only audio device listed then you don't have the proper drivers installed for your onboard audio.

Kelvin_9999

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

I tried again to re-install the driver. Now the item installed showed in the 'sound' as - AMD High Definition Audio Device. But the status is - 'not plugged in'. And at the task bar, from the speaker icon, it shewed a speaker with a red cross. When I put mouse over it, it indiated as 'no audio output device is installed'.

Thanks for the advice so far. Cheers!

Kelvin_9999

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

I tried again to re-install the driver. Now the item installed showed in the 'sound' as - AMD High Definition Audio Device. But the status is - 'not plugged in'. And at the task bar, from the speaker icon, it shewed a speaker with a red cross. When I put mouse over it, it indiated as 'no audio output device is installed'.

Thanks for the advice so far. Cheers!

Kelvin_9999

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Yes, is light green in color. Don't understand what's the problem. But after I indtalled the AMD software, the old one still be shown right? For my case, after I installed, the old one also disapperaed.

Status
Not open for further replies.