Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello, i need some help.
So i have the following specs :
CPU : Dual Core E2220 @ 2.20 ghz
Motherboard : ASUS P5QPL-AM
PSU : Bestec 280W
Ram : 2 GB DDR2 RAM

So i'm planning to get a low profile GPU which is the : Radeon HD 5570.
But the problem is , that motherboard got onboard graphics, i wanted to know if it would affect the radeon HD 5570? and if it would work fine with it?
And also if the CPU would bottleneck that GPU.
I am not planning to play any high end games. I will only Multiplayer GTA San andreas, and Combat arms. On low no AA 800x640 res.

P.S : The PSU is just fine, the wattage that uses that gpu on full load is ~50 watts. I used alot of power supply calculators and all their results say that i can run it just fine from the wattage side.

Sorry if i posted it in the wrong category, am very new to the forums :)

aTastyCookie_84

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
No bottleneck? and the graphics card is compatible with the motherboard even if it got onboard graphics?
Btw how to block these pop ups about confirming account, i've checked my inbox and can't find any new messages.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Your CPU isnt great, but as long as you arent playing anything high-end the new GPU should be able to take the burden.

Assuming your PSU is as old as your system - that is something to keep a close eye on though. PSUs degrade over time.

aTastyCookie_84

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

Yes it is old, but i used several power calculators, with my cpu, gpu, cd drive, hdd and all those stuff, they tell me minimum is 160, and recommanded is 200-210, while i have a 280w, i guess it still has like 240w even if it is old. It's only like 2-3 years old.
And yes, i am not planning on playing any high-end games, i will just stick to Combat arms, on all low, with a resolution at 800x640, and gta san multiplayer, on all low aswell, with the same res as combat arms.
Overclocking the CPU would help?