Hi guys, how can I Connect BT headset to my PC

Last response: in Technologies
November 28, 2004 10:28:43 AM

Hi,

Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?

TY in advance for any help or contribution.

Pamela

More about : guys connect headset

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 7:45:44 PM

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:28:43 -0800, Majordavel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
> headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
> to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
> recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
> simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?

Any USB dongle whos drivers and software supports the BT headset profile
wil work, e.g. Widcomm.

It'll be perfectly OK for stuff like Netmeeting, and other 'web phone'
applications.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 11:00:29 PM

Recently, a mag here in DK was able to find only one BT USB dongle that
properly implemented the headset profile.
I dunno the brand, but there's a pic of it here (maybe somebody recognizes
it):
http://www.danbit.dk/produkter/1409.phtml
Cost: around $50.
We bought one, and it works - Skype is cool :)
Also tried a Billionton USV dongle, which doesn't work (plays OK, recording
not)

/Per Laursen

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.11.28.16.45.43.761000@grfpb.arg...
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:28:43 -0800, Majordavel wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
> > headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
> > to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
> > recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
> > simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?
>
> Any USB dongle whos drivers and software supports the BT headset profile
> wil work, e.g. Widcomm.
>
> It'll be perfectly OK for stuff like Netmeeting, and other 'web phone'
> applications.
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
November 29, 2004 1:00:46 PM

"Majordavel" <majordavel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
> headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
> to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
> recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
> simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?
>
> TY in advance for any help or contribution.
>
> Pamela

Check our Bluetooth Guides (link in my sig). There's a guide there for this.

November 29, 2004 5:12:39 PM

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:00:29 +0100, Per Laursen wrote:

> Recently, a mag here in DK was able to find only one BT USB dongle that
> properly implemented the headset profile.
> I dunno the brand, but there's a pic of it here (maybe somebody recognizes
> it):
> http://www.danbit.dk/produkter/1409.phtml

Maybe it uses the Widcomm drivers and stack.

> Cost: around $50.
> We bought one, and it works - Skype is cool :)
> Also tried a Billionton USV dongle, which doesn't work (plays OK, recording
> not)

It's not the dongle itself, a dongle is just a dumb tranceiver(like
network cards). The bundled driver software and stack implements the
profiles, and how well its done can vary quite a bit.

I use a cheapo 'Manhatten' branded dongle which uses the Widcomm software,
and this works with various headsets perfectly.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:52:50 AM

Check out www.sonorix.com and if you are interested further contact us at info[AT]bluesharksystems.com or on 020 8521 9004.

Thanks,

Mike.

December 8, 2004 6:45:39 PM

I have been trying to connect my headset to my computer in this way but
am having some issues. The cd that came with my usb dongle came with
widcomm Software V1.4.3.4 and I am running XP Home w/SP2 installed.
The thing is I can see my Plantronics M3000 headset from the tray icon
options but there are no services provided. Heres the thing though.
In order to start the services I have reaed that it is necessary to go
the the my bluetooth places icon that is placed on the desktop. When I
click that nothing happens. I have also tried to run it from command
prompt using some rundll.exe line I found but to no avail. Anyone else
have this problem? Where can I get help or does anyone know how to
fix?
!