Hi guys, how can I Connect BT headset to my PC

Hi,

Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?

TY in advance for any help or contribution.

Pamela
6 answers Last reply
More about guys connect headset

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:28:43 -0800, Majordavel wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
    > headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
    > to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
    > recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
    > simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?

    Any USB dongle whos drivers and software supports the BT headset profile
    wil work, e.g. Widcomm.

    It'll be perfectly OK for stuff like Netmeeting, and other 'web phone'
    applications.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    Recently, a mag here in DK was able to find only one BT USB dongle that
    properly implemented the headset profile.
    I dunno the brand, but there's a pic of it here (maybe somebody recognizes
    it):
    http://www.danbit.dk/produkter/1409.phtml
    Cost: around $50.
    We bought one, and it works - Skype is cool :)
    Also tried a Billionton USV dongle, which doesn't work (plays OK, recording
    not)

    /Per Laursen

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:28:43 -0800, Majordavel wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
    > > headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
    > > to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
    > > recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
    > > simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?
    >
    > Any USB dongle whos drivers and software supports the BT headset profile
    > wil work, e.g. Widcomm.
    >
    > It'll be perfectly OK for stuff like Netmeeting, and other 'web phone'
    > applications.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Majordavel" <majordavel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone knows if and/or how it is possible to connect a bluetooth
    > headset (nokia HDW3) to a PC? I would like to use it via BT in order
    > to use audio functions from the headset (sound received, voice
    > recorded) for netmeeting or web phone purposes. Is it possible via
    > simple settings, or is there any software to that regard?
    >
    > TY in advance for any help or contribution.
    >
    > Pamela

    Check our Bluetooth Guides (link in my sig). There's a guide there for this.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:00:29 +0100, Per Laursen wrote:

    > Recently, a mag here in DK was able to find only one BT USB dongle that
    > properly implemented the headset profile.
    > I dunno the brand, but there's a pic of it here (maybe somebody recognizes
    > it):
    > http://www.danbit.dk/produkter/1409.phtml

    Maybe it uses the Widcomm drivers and stack.

    > Cost: around $50.
    > We bought one, and it works - Skype is cool :)
    > Also tried a Billionton USV dongle, which doesn't work (plays OK, recording
    > not)

    It's not the dongle itself, a dongle is just a dumb tranceiver(like
    network cards). The bundled driver software and stack implements the
    profiles, and how well its done can vary quite a bit.

    I use a cheapo 'Manhatten' branded dongle which uses the Widcomm software,
    and this works with various headsets perfectly.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Check out www.sonorix.com and if you are interested further contact us at info[AT]bluesharksystems.com or on 020 8521 9004.

    Thanks,

    Mike.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I have been trying to connect my headset to my computer in this way but
    am having some issues. The cd that came with my usb dongle came with
    widcomm Software V1.4.3.4 and I am running XP Home w/SP2 installed.
    The thing is I can see my Plantronics M3000 headset from the tray icon
    options but there are no services provided. Heres the thing though.
    In order to start the services I have reaed that it is necessary to go
    the the my bluetooth places icon that is placed on the desktop. When I
    click that nothing happens. I have also tried to run it from command
    prompt using some rundll.exe line I found but to no avail. Anyone else
    have this problem? Where can I get help or does anyone know how to
    fix?

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Connection